Pro Circuit Platinum Pipe Maintenence

I bought a new Pro Circuit pipe/muffler exhaust system for my 2010 YZ250. It is only a month old and it is full of rust specs up close to the exhaust manifold. Is this normal? What does everyone do to keep the rust off it? I thought they are stainless steel. I wash my bike spotless after every ride. I wouldn't assume that you have a use a SOS pad to scrap the rust off a brand new pipe (maybe 30 mins use on it)

Any ideas? Maybe faulty?

I'm no expert on pipes but I believe it's nickel plated and rust at the head pipe is kind of the nature of the beast. Probably the excess temperature in that spot jeopardizes the nickel. I haven't found anything to coat/wash it with to prevent it, hopefully someone on here has a way of keeping it new.

Best thing to do that I've had good experience with is just using scotchbrite and some soapy water and give the pipe a cleaning after every ride. 

Should keep down on the rust and makes it have a semi-brushed look. 

Sucks to do, but it's either that or rust.

On 13/07/2017 at 2:25 PM, protaper said:

I bought a new Pro Circuit pipe/muffler exhaust system for my 2010 YZ250. It is only a month old and it is full of rust specs up close to the exhaust manifold. Is this normal? What does everyone do to keep the rust off it? I thought they are stainless steel. I wash my bike spotless after every ride. I wouldn't assume that you have a use a SOS pad to scrap the rust off a brand new pipe (maybe 30 mins use on it)

Any ideas? Maybe faulty?

WD-40 Immediately following every wash-job is what I do. I don't use very much at all.