Prox steering bearing seals question

Hey guys,

Anyone used the steering bearing kit from prox? I bought it to replace my old ones but I got 3 seals in the kit and I don't know where I should put the 3rd?

It's 1 of the big one that goes on top and 2 of the other one which goes on the bottom. Anyone have any ideas where to put the 2nd or should I just toss it away? 

Thanks

Kit is for steel frame and aluminum. The two that are almost identical are for the aluminum frame or "other model". Only two required, carry on. 

Edited by P84ONE

1 minute ago, P84ONE said:

Kit is for steel frame and aluminum. The two that are almost identical are for the aluminum frame or "other model". Only two required, carry on. 

What do you mean? I have the alu frame but I don't see how I can use both of the identical ones. They are the same part nr btw so 100% the same. 

I think the bearings are the same on the early steel and later aluminium frames. The bottom seal is the same but the top seal is different? If I am wrong some one chime in.

It's cheaper for them to produce one kit to cover '96? to '17? and for you to bin one seal. Than to package, market, stock two kits. One for steel one for ali frames.

3 minutes ago, Christoffer Brandel said:

What do you mean? I have the alu frame but I don't see how I can use both of the identical ones. They are the same part nr btw so 100% the same. 

1 seal on top, 1 seal on bottom, 1 seal in trash or give to a friend with a steel frame. Carry on.

See my comment "other model". 

Edited by P84ONE

I think the bearings are the same on the early steel and later aluminium frames. The bottom seal is the same but the top seal is different? If I am wrong some one chime in.

It's cheaper for them to produce one kit to cover '96? to '17? and for you to bin one seal. Than to package, market, stock two kits. One for steel one for ali frames.

Assuming you are talking yz125 / 250

5 minutes ago, richg said:

Aha that was what I suspected but thought maybe it was some kind of upgrade or something. Thanks

5 minutes ago, P84ONE said:

1 seal on top, 1 seal on bottom, 1 seal in trash or give to a friend with a steel frame. Carry on.

Great, thank you! 

4 minutes ago, richg said:

Assuming you are talking yz125 / 250

Yeah it is a 2010 yz250 getting a full rebuild since last owner neglected it badly. 

• Like 2

Yeah it is a 2010 yz250 getting a full rebuild since last owner neglected it badly. 

Good luck with the rebuild!

Thanks for coming back and letting us know you have got it figured out.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, richg said:

Good luck with the rebuild!

Thanks for coming back and letting us know you have got it figured out.

Thanks bro, always so nice and knowledgeable people on TT. 😃

• Like 1