Idle screw 'knob' mod that a kid can operate?

Anyone know if there is an easy way for a kid to adjust the idle on the fly?  Lots of different bikes have a fairly big knob you can turn easily with a gloved hand.

Recently bought a 2005ish crf70 all stock. My son is at the level where he basically driving around in 2nd gear all the time. So after starting/warming up, every few minutes or so the idle gets higher, (which is most likely the bike still warming up), so my son will come over and need me to turn the idle down, since it make the bike harder to stop.  This will happen 3-5 times over almost 15 minutes.  

Im just thinking if there is an aftermarket idle 'knob' instead of a screw, he could do it himself as the bike warms up.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Like 1

That's a carb tuning issue. Try adjusting the air screw or fuel screw. Not sure which those have. I don't think I've ever seen a idle screw with a knob on those small keihins but some mikunis have a knob on them

• Like 1

Anyone know if there is an easy way for a kid to adjust the idle on the fly?  Lots of different bikes have a fairly big knob you can turn easily with a gloved hand.

Recently bought a 2005ish crf70 all stock. My son is at the level where he basically driving around in 2nd gear all the time. So after starting/warming up, every few minutes or so the idle gets higher, (which is most likely the bike still warming up), so my son will come over and need me to turn the idle down, since it make the bike harder to stop.  This will happen 3-5 times over almost 15 minutes.  

Im just thinking if there is an aftermarket idle 'knob' instead of a screw, he could do it himself as the bike warms up.

Thanks,

Jeff

i got a kit on ebay for my keihin pwk carb so i can finger adjust both the idle and air screw

C29C2905-A573-4814-A0C1-B41E58A16F88.thumb.JPG.4187aa6822b0cd00b2f32abf644adfab.JPG

I have no idea what carb ur bike has mine is a beta 300, but i just searched ebay for "easy adjust idle screw"

You probably have an air leak at the carb/manifold or the manifold/head area. A light coating of wheel bearing grease on the paper gaskets and rubber o-rings at both ends should make an adequate seal until you can replace them.

monstersumo - That's exactly what I'm looking for!  Unfortunately, I used your search words and similar ones and didn't find one for mine yet.  But I'll keep looking...

dirtbkr188 - Thanks, I have had the carb off a couple times and that O ring looks pretty flat.  I'll try that, and the intake to cylinder end. Thanks.