FCR Adapter?

I just bought an Fcr off an 05 Crf450x and now need an adapter. I see that there is the Noss and the 3-d plastic printed one. For those of you that did the swap is one preferred over the other?

Have you heard of any failures?

I have used three 3D printed one's and have had zero problems. Clean and fit was perfect! Was only $30 bones. Not sure if price has changed.

• Like 1

Not had any failures on using Schedule 40 pvc...! Costs a few dollars per foot, and I made three out of one foot. Just have to "bore" oneside to fit over the carb. I "bored" it with a drill bit that makes doorknob holes. Hondabond coated the carb, slid the pipe on, and used a hoseclamp with an 8mm head so I could tighten with a socket instead of a screwdriver...

Most people have more money than I do. But I still wouldn't buy one of those 3d ones if it means a few sandwiches...

Just putting the pvc idea out there. I dont see how Id cause any problems using it. And I had no problems with any angles.

• Like 3

It hasnt been mentioned, but the NOSS adapter would be perfect if it was a bit longer. If you are not careful, you can fail to get a complete seal between the carb inlet and the airbox outlet. I use one and like it, but it isnt perfect. 

• Like 3

It hasnt been mentioned, but the NOSS adapter would be perfect if it was a bit longer. If you are not careful, you can fail to get a complete seal between the carb inlet and the airbox outlet. I use one and like it, but it isnt perfect. 

What do you do to ensure a good seal?

How much is that NOSS one? Im still a DIY guy but 30 for a 3d one isn't bad. Id rather the metal one. Ill maybe get it someday.

But my suggestion to seal is a finger paste of Hondabond. Just dont clog the holes. A film on the outside rim. And its easy to remove.

• Like 2

I have one of the very first 3d ones made. Still running good after what 3-4 years? 

Cost me all of one internet beer! :-)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, notoriousE-R-I-C said:

How much is that NOSS one? Im still a DIY guy but 30 for a 3d one isn't bad. Id rather the metal one. Ill maybe get it someday.

The NOSS is $65 plus shipping, so it's definitely up there ($$).  You have to really want it over the plastic.  Or be tallented enough to carve some PVC :)  

IMG_6398.PNG

I would hardly call it talent. But I would call it worth a month of car insurance to use this! 

Now Im not the hardest of rider anymore, but I see no reason this would break. Even years of sun beating on it is not going to make it crumble into dust. I have one in Southern California and one in mid Colorado, and he hasn't reported any issues either.

That NOSS ones the shizznit though. And for half its price, the printed ones cool too. But I made three out of a foot and it was three bucks and change so this basically cost me a dollar plus tax.

Ill put glue on my shoes so I can ride fresh tires...

20170715_065331.jpg

10 hours ago, CongoXR650L said:

What do you do to ensure a good seal?

I leave the carb side and airbox side clamps both loose so I can rotate the carb side to side a bit and then work the airbox boot as far up on the NOSS adapter as possible. Once I have a good seal, I tighten down both clamps (watching to airbox boot).

• Like 2

I have a new noss I will sell $35 shipped lower 48..

Thanks but I already ordered a Noss.