Broken piece on drain bolt

IMG_3040.thumb.JPG.ac0e740bfa43640ed1484e29dcad93d6.JPG

IMG_3041.thumb.JPG.1acd5e1a0743f8ca6a8262d8a54ee799.JPG

Looks part of a transmission gear to me? Either way I dont think anything good will come of it. The bike still rides and shifts fine as far as i can tell while warming it up. 2003 yz250.

Quite a bummer. I have maybe three rides on it after a full rebuild. What would have caused something like that?

Im curious if they ever decided to beef up the transmission on the yz's, or are they all the same from 00 -17 basically? I had some worn dogs on my orignal and ended up buying one off some guy on ebay that looked to be in pretty good shape when I put it in.

Definitely peice of gear. Great bike all but the weak tranny.  Shifts great tho lol

If you are lucky, it is a tooth off the clutch basket, kick start or primary gears, can't find it there, unfortunatly you are splitting the cases.

Yeah I imagine I wont be that fortunate. Had a race down near effingham il and the thing was wanting to fall out of second the first moto every now and then. It was really loamy , but the second moto it only did it once so i disregarded it the best I could until this oil change.

Anywho. I assume thats the culprit, ill just have to tear her apart again

That's how I broke mine.

Deep loam, sharp left corner, dirt popped it into neutral, and I slammed it back into second while it was still at high revs. Crunch.