'92 XR250 Camshaft - will a '96 cam fit?

I have a '92 XR250L that needs a new/rebuilt camshaft and rockers.  Honda doesn't make a cam any longer for the '85-95 XR250s.  Does anyone know if a '96 or newer cam will fit?  I know I can have my cam rebuilt but it's pretty expensive.  Web cams is around $250.  Does anyone know of another shop that can rebuild on the cheap?  Thanks

you can talk to Oregon Camshaft, there is another thread in this sub forum discussing the same thing. If not you are stuck with Webcam, or finding a used on if/when one pops on ebay. 

The best thing to do is send the cam you got to a company like Webcam and have them make you something awesome you cant just buy. 

Or ebay a used cam thats months away from being in the same boat....or thirty years away...the gambles up to you. Plenty great cam shapers out there that keep the ball rolling 

There are pictures in another thread here where a pre '96 cam was placed in a 96+ head.  Everything seemed to be in the same spots.  Using that as a frame of reference it should be possible to do the reverse. Also the Hot Cams camshaft does not have the auto decompressor like the factory 96+ camshaft.  If it works, then it will be a good day for all the 86-95 bikes out there with worn out camshafts.

I have WEB cams in my bikes and they are really good parts, but it can take months for them to turn around a camshaft if they don't have one in stock ready to go.

All these share the same camshaft part number -

Assemblies where 14100-KR6-000 is used

1986 XL250R A - CAMSHAFT

1986 XL250R AC - CAMSHAFT

1987 XL250R A - CAMSHAFT

1987 XL250R AC - CAMSHAFT

1991 XR250L A - CAMSHAFT

1991 XR250L AC - CAMSHAFT

1992 XR250L A - CAMSHAFT

1992 XR250L AC - CAMSHAFT

1993 XR250L A - CAMSHAFT

1993 XR250L AC - CAMSHAFT

1994 XR250L A - CAMSHAFT

1994 XR250L AC - CAMSHAFT

1995 XR250L A - CAMSHAFT

1995 XR250L AC - CAMSHAFT

1996 XR250L A - CAMSHAFT

1996 XR250L AC - CAMSHAFT

• Like 3

It will be a win if the KCZ hotcam will retrofit into the KR6 head. I guess we will find out soon as the parts are on the way.

The late xr250 rockers have a 2:1 lift ratio, different than your early xr250.  I suspect cam is quite different.  

Somebody here put a late head on early motor at great expense.  Too many parts need to be changed.