I am new to dirt bikes but i recently bought a yamaha tt r230w.  I am 5'11 and 270lbs.  I purposely bought a small bike because of what I want to do with it.  drive on rocky bumpy hilly pastures, herd cows, putt along looking for mushrooms, things like that.  this bike is too fast and too tall for my purposes.  does anyone have suggestions on a shorter bike that can putt along but can hold a fat man?  or would there be ways to make a smaller bike hold more weight.  again i am not going down nice trails or on the road.  haven't had the thing out 2nd gear yet.  Is there such a thing as a three speed dirt bike with no clutch that can hold 270 lbs.

Sounds like you are looking for small utility quad with an automatic transmission.

Doc

• Like 1

^This. Or a small side by side. Especially if you feel the ttr is too fast and too tall. For your needs, you'll probably enjoy it more than a bike.

I should have mentioned,  I already have a quad and i like it but I was hoping something with a skinnier profile would let me go places the quad wouldn't

OK, I'm digging deep in my bag of tricks here.  How about a  Rokon?  It's a 2 wheel drive  (yes both front and rear wheels are powered) utility motorcycle made for slow speed work in rough terraIn.  It nas an automatic transmission, simple Kohler air cooled motor and can tow up to 2,000 pounds.

OcalaNationalForest2.jpg

Doc

Edited by Doc_d
  • Like 1

thanks for the suggestions.  I realize part of my problem is getting used to riding a dirt bike.  I am completely new to motorcycles of any kind.  and another issue is getting the 2007 yamaha ttr230w to run properly.  Studying the existing information on replacing jets has been very helpful.  Thanks for the helpful information.  and not trolling me for being a complete beginner.  The Rokon sounds especially intriguing to me going to study that one.  I probably just need to dedicate some time to learning how to ride and work on my bike, it may be the perfect farm bike after all

my dad grew up on low geared kawaskis for the ranch    my say is that to get one in good condition on craigslist, ebay ect.