question about mounting Rox 2 inch risers...

I just put a set of Rox Speed 2 inch risers on my 230 and if I try to use them rotated all the way forward the ignition is in the way.  I had to put my key in the ignition (sans keychain) and then position the Rox risers just above it so I have enough room to turn the key.  The keys not coming out now...  Just wondering if anybody else came across this issue as I haven't heard of any problems.  If so how did you end up mounting the Rox risers?  I thought a lot of people used these risers straight forward to help the footpeg to handlebar ratio but nobody has mentioned the key/ignition.  Are most of you using different triples without the ignition?

It's not ideal for now but I will say that for me the bike is MUCH more comfortable to ride standing so the risers stay!  I would recommend these risers to anybody that feels cramped on their crf230, just be aware that your key may end up a hostage under your bars (depending on how far forward you want them).

Yep different triples (xr600r) and no key switch just a rocker switch mounted to handle bars.

• Like 1

There is a key switch?????........

Oh, so there is. :facepalm:

Mine must never have ever been turned off. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I found a how-to on removing the ignition from the 230, a simple process really.  Not sure why the previous owner of my bike removed the kill switch but I don't have one.  I have been using the key to shut the bike off but now that it isn't so "handy" it will be hard to kill the bike when I stack it....  I'll just add a kill switch and remove the ignition.

https://www.crfsonly.com/howto/230f/key/key-230f.php

• Like 1

Got one more quick question,  do most kill switches use the same connector?  Will this one from ebay work?  I know the emgo kill switch is only $10 bucks from most sites but the shipping is what gets ya....  And I'm a cheap ass.  :ride:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Kill-Switch-Red-Push-Button-Horn-Starter-Dirt-Bike-KTM-ATV-Dual-Sport-/141994330801?hash=item210f858ab1:g:lEsAAOSw7W5XOBYM&vxp=mtr