Possible injury

Dang, I was trying to not get hurt this year. I went out back to my playground, having a good time by myself. Hot but not to bad since the sun had gone down. I was up on top of my 3 foot high skidder tire, balancing, planning to drop the clutch and launch off, from balance. I had done it many times, although before, I just used throttle, But I dropped the clutch. Bike went straight up, landed straight up and I basically did the exact move as you would if you stood on a kitchen cabinet and did a cannon ball as you would in a pool to splash everybody. Flat on my butt, no forward movement. Impacted my spine is all I know to explain it. Anybody done this? What will it be like tomorrow? Will it go away overnight or wake up, oh no? Pain is not bad yet froze up from just above the belt line up 8 inches. 

It usually takes a day or two for an impact like that to really sink in painwise for me. Ice is your friend.

• Like 1

I've landed on ice on my ass/tail bone HARD snowboarding a few times to the point where my eye balls were rattling and its was painful for a few days (Ibuprofen) but a tail bone injury is actually your coccyx. Have a read here https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=what+is+the+tail+bone+called

And if you have any concerns, go to the doctor ASAP.

16 minutes ago, filterx said:

I've landed on ice on my ass/tail bone HARD snowboarding a few times to the point where my eye balls were rattling and its was painful for a few days (Ibuprofen) but a tail bone injury is actually your coccyx. Have a read here https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=what+is+the+tail+bone+called

And if you have any concerns, go to the doctor ASAP.

My angle must have been so that I do not feel like I hurt my tail bone. ??? No pain down low. Belt line up. Not sure how I did not

If you do go to a doctor dont tell them it happened on a dirt bike. My insurance didn't want to pay for mine.  They said it was a vehicle accident and some other insurance should cover it not them. It took a  while to get resolved. Tell them you fell off a ladder or something .

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

If you do go to a doctor dont tell them it happened on a dirt bike. My insurance didn't want to pay for mine.  They said it was a vehicle accident and some other insurance should cover it not them. It took a  while to get resolved. Tell them you fell off a ladder or something .

Never thought of that... however they have paid lots over my dirt bike injurys, LOL, in just 2 years of riding. They did call fishing...my last mishap,  if there was anyone, any property , etc , that they could try to weasel out of paying.

Edited by 1gr8bldr

26 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

If possible I'd change insurance immediately. That's bull. 

• Like 1

I will tell you this. If you are injured and let it fester too long before going in there is a much better chance of developing complications later on. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I broke my T 10 and 11 verts when I came off my bike and landed on my ass. Broke my tailbone too. You if have any numbness or tingling or point specific pain, you had better get it x-rayed.

And quit doing stupid shit.

• Like 1

Update. Apparently I landed differently than I thought. Because.... my back is not "in pain" this morning. It is a little stiff. However both my heels hurt when standing. I can't put weight on them.  Not a bruise type feel, but a...... i can't describe it. I noticed it coming on last night. I will try some high arch shoes and see if that helps. I really hope to go on a big ride tomorrow. I wonder if I could because the foot pegs would not be on the heels.... yet that could cause it to be worse next week. 

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:23 AM, 1gr8bldr said:

Update. Apparently I landed differently than I thought. Because.... my back is not "in pain" this morning. It is a little stiff. However both my heels hurt when standing. I can't put weight on them.  Not a bruise type feel, but a...... i can't describe it. I noticed it coming on last night. I will try some high arch shoes and see if that helps. I really hope to go on a big ride tomorrow. I wonder if I could because the foot pegs would not be on the heels.... yet that could cause it to be worse next week. 

Lower back injury with foot pain is a sign of an irritated sciatic nerve. May, or may not heal on its own. I would ice it regularly and stretch out with ibuprophin  before riding

8  days later, still about the same. Does not hurt but  uncomfortable

On 7/22/2017 at 5:36 PM, 1gr8bldr said:

8  days later, still about the same. Does not hurt but  uncomfortable

I agree with the statements above. NEVER EVER tell the Dr. that you had a dirt bike accident, do not disclose jack shit that has nothing done with you being treated. I work with insurance and any disclosure of that will come back to haunt you. 

There are certain things that might heal themselves, but your injury...no so much. 

Go online and read as much as you possibly can about the symptoms of spinal injury and see if they match what happened to you. 

Recently, I ruptured my achilles fully and my online research has been of SIGNIFICANT help. 

There does come a time, where you might have to simply go to the Doc and get an MRI/Cat Scan of your back. That kind of injury is no joke. 

In the last year I've had a compound fracture of the finger, torn cartlidge in both shoulders, torn my left calf, ruptured my right achilles. Dealing with Docs suck, but man, a spinal injury is another kind of story man. You may very well have torn nerves and such to a degree that the slightest mishap could leave you in a wheelchair. 

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

I should update this; 3 weeks later, after this accident/post, I mistimed a log crossing at Brushy Mountain, having went straight to the logs with no warm up or time to get in the groove. I got bucked and over the bars I went, stiffened up my arms which threw me high, far and hard. I broke my back. The L1 to be specific. I asked the doc to look higher and see if anything showed from the previous crash. Xrays did not quite go high enough but from what they could see there was no issues. 2 weeks later, I'm working but in lots of pain. Sometimes really bad. Mostly after about 5 hours in bed, it wakes me and I fight it for hours. No way to get comfortable.