03 cr 125 top end roasted?

sounds good to me the only other way of knowing is to measure both.... did you just get the namura piston not gaskets??? I think it best to get oem gaskets for known quality.  and rely if your in no rush to get it done then is it worth the time and extra bucks to get crank bearings seals gaskets and bits to freshen up the bottom end as well?

all piece of mind would be a pain to do the top end and have trouble with the bottom not long after??

Just now, vicxr400 said:

sounds good to me the only other way of knowing is to measure both.... did you just get the namura piston not gaskets??? I think it best to get oem gaskets for known quality.  and rely if your in no rush to get it done then is it worth the time and extra bucks to get crank bearings seals gaskets and bits to freshen up the bottom end as well?

all piece of mind would be a pain to do the top end and have trouble with the bottom not long after??

the namura piston came with gaskets but i will order some OEM ones, i ordered the crank seals and bearings http://www.ebay.com/itm/362001570464 here, what else are you thinking i should replace? Definitely trying to do it all at once to not just replace it for it to blow up again in a couple hours

cool  it depends on how far you want to go with it all and how much you want to spend. the best thing to do is pull it down and check the components for ware, damage and within recommended tolerance. and replace as necessary.    my self id get an engine seal kit(oil seals and pump seal)  check the water pump, shaft and impeller. check clutch pack for ware including bearings/bushings and actuator. check oil screen filter. get a feel on the gearbox bearings if sloppy replace. really if you check over it all and its within spec you shouldn't  have any problems.....do you have a workshop manual for specs and torque settings??? very important thing to have on a rebuild.

10 hours ago, vicxr400 said:

cool  it depends on how far you want to go with it all and how much you want to spend. the best thing to do is pull it down and check the components for ware, damage and within recommended tolerance. and replace as necessary.    my self id get an engine seal kit(oil seals and pump seal)  check the water pump, shaft and impeller. check clutch pack for ware including bearings/bushings and actuator. check oil screen filter. get a feel on the gearbox bearings if sloppy replace. really if you check over it all and its within spec you shouldn't  have any problems.....do you have a workshop manual for specs and torque settings??? very important thing to have on a rebuild.

Sadly don't have a manual, not by choice of course