Help removing rekluse EXP 3.0

I bought a 2013 300 XC that had a rekluse exp 3.0 in it. Looking to go back to stock, but I obviously don't have any of the stock parts so what all do I need to return it to stock? Just drive and friction plates? Someone who has actually installed or removed the exp and know exactly what I need?

Go to rekluse web site download install and read from back to front. Bleeding the slave and master will take a little patience. 

They are hard (well, "sort of tricky") to install, but really easy to remove.  You just need to pull it, rebuild the clutch pack with the correct number of clutch plates and remove the Rekluse adjuster that sets the gap and your done.  Shouldn't even have to bleed the slave cylinder, just pull the clutch apart and take out all of the non-factory Rekluse parts then use your manual and rebuild what's left (easy peasy).

They are hard (well, "sort of tricky") to install, but really easy to remove.  You just need to pull it, rebuild the clutch pack with the correct number of clutch plates and remove the Rekluse adjuster that sets the gap and your done.  Shouldn't even have to bleed the slave cylinder, just pull the clutch apart and take out all of the non-factory Rekluse parts then use your manual and rebuild what's left (easy peasy).

I pulled the adjuster and plates. I put new plates in and tried to use the rekluse pressure plate, but the clutch wouldn't disengage. Do I need an oem pressure plate as well?

Go 100% OEM (or aftermarket OEM replacement like Hinson), then you'll be able to sell the auto clutch ~ possibly for more than what's needed to buy the replacement parts.  Plus it'll eliminate any setup question.

Edited by zig06

If its the core 3.0 you will also need a new inner basket along with the pressure plate. Did you also replace the slave cylinder? Rekluse uses there own slave. 

If you didn't want the rekluse to work all you had to do was back off the 4mm allen screw on the slave cylinder. 

Edited by GreenMT_Rider
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

If its the core 3.0 you will also need a new inner basket along with the pressure plate. Did you also replace the slave cylinder? Rekluse uses there own slave. 

If you didn't want the rekluse to work all you had to do was back off the 4mm allen screw on the slave cylinder. 

I have the EXP 3.0  will this work on mine to mimic a standard clutch without burning it up?  Setting free play gain is probably the most important part of getting a rekluse right.  I don't want to burn my clutch up, but I would be interested in going on a few rides with a standard clutch without removing the entire Rekluse.

4 hours ago, billtro11 said:

I have the EXP 3.0  will this work on mine to mimic a standard clutch without burning it up?  Setting free play gain is probably the most important part of getting a rekluse right.  I don't want to burn my clutch up, but I would be interested in going on a few rides with a standard clutch without removing the entire Rekluse.

You actually turn adjustment screw all the way in which locks the clutch and you would have to use clutch lever to disengage the clutch. Dont think that would cause a issue with slipping but the feel at the lever will be different from stock.

So the guy I bought it from told me it was an exp. I just tore into it again and checked the part numbers and sure enough it appears to actually be a core model.

IMG_20170716_124848.jpg

IMG_20170716_125308~01.jpg

IMG_20170716_125337~01.jpg

IMG_20170716_130146.jpg

So you're saying all I have to do is back off the screw in the slave cylinder all the way and it will disable the auto functions of the rekluse completely?

IMG_20170716_130605.jpg

2 minutes ago, kashtyaatsi said:

So the guy I bought it from told me it was an exp. I just tore into it again and checked the part numbers and sure enough it appears to actually be a core model.

IMG_20170716_124848.jpg

IMG_20170716_125308~01.jpg

IMG_20170716_125337~01.jpg

IMG_20170716_130146.jpg

So you're saying all I have to do is back off the screw in the slave cylinder all the way and it will disable the auto functions of the rekluse completely?

IMG_20170716_130605.jpg

Yep your going to need a few parts. Slave cylinder,  inner basket,  pressure plate, screws for pressure plate, steel plates and maybe a new cover. 

Hopefully everything you need will cost less then a used rekluse can sell for.

Yep your going to need a few parts. Slave cylinder,  inner basket,  pressure plate, screws for pressure plate, steel plates and maybe a new cover. 
Hopefully everything you need will cost less then a used rekluse can sell for.

Okay I thought so. I already have a set of hinson plates from my dad. Any recommendations on the other components I should get? Or just stay with oem?

I would just buy oem. I was curious and looked on rocky Mountain for the parts. Less than i thought. The slave is $80, inner clutch hub is $75 and the cluch hub ( pressure plate) is $65 for oem.

You should be able to get $500 for the rekluse. 

Edited by GreenMT_Rider
  • Like 1

I'll trade you my parts, for yours  

If you would've told me a few days ago! Already ordered the parts and they'll be here today. I'll have a rekluse for sale though

1 hour ago, kashtyaatsi said:

If you would've told me a few days ago! Already ordered the parts and they'll be here today. I'll have a rekluse for sale though

Bummer!