KDX 220 or a 250f?? I need help.

I have been wanting a new bike for awhile. I currently ride an RM85. I am 5'4 and 160 pounds. I have ridden cr250's, 125's and other RM's and big bikes. I have never ridden a 250 four stroke or a KDX 220. I want to know what you think. What is the better bike for me. I have also been riding since age 6 and I am pretty experienced when it comes to a dirtbike.

Depends on your budget, mechanical ability and type of riding you do:

Two different bikes, the KDX is a trail/enduro, the YZ250F is a MX race bike.

One is relatively easy and cheap to maintain and repair, the other well....not so much.

• Like 1

Think outside the box.

kdx220 engine in the modern 250f frame:ride:

On 7/15/2017 at 10:38 AM, dsbeast17 said:

I have been wanting a new bike for awhile. I currently ride an RM85. I am 5'4 and 160 pounds. I have ridden cr250's, 125's and other RM's and big bikes. I have never ridden a 250 four stroke or a KDX 220. I want to know what you think. What is the better bike for me. I have also been riding since age 6 and I am pretty experienced when it comes to a dirtbike.

23 minutes ago, mlatour said:

Depends on your budget, mechanical ability and type of riding you do:

Two different bikes, the KDX is a trail/enduro, the YZ250F is a MX race bike.

One is relatively easy and cheap to maintain and repair, the other well....not so much.

Doesn't have to be a 250f mx bike. The yamaha wr250f and honda cfr250x are going to be fairly close to the kdx220 performance wise. Both those 4st will go longer between rebuilds than a mx 4st too. Personally i would stay away from a mx bike unless your doing most of your riding is on a track.

The kdx220 is lighter and will be more nimble,  the 250f will feel more stable and planted. Power and speed should be close. If you riden more 2st lately you may be more comfortable on the kdx.

Like mlatour said the kdx will be easier to work on and less expensive to rebuild the motor when needed.