98 cr 250

98 keihn carbs are what people switch to so I'd personally just look for the same one on eBay. Pretty sure that's a keihn pwk powerjet carb.

I'd assume since the pin is metal and the carb is aluminum, that the hole is worn bigger not the pin worn down? Could probably get a weld shop to quickly fill it in and then redrill the hole. You'd just have to make sure it was lined up with the other side so it doesn't hang up and not move properly.

The 98 has a PJ carb, the 99-00 cr250's came with a PWK airstriker carb.  buy a 00 PWK and replace it with that.  You can get new ones for pretty cheap from partzilla and Honda east Toledo or you can go a bit more expensive route and get one from JD jetting.  The nice think about the JD Jetting carb is it comes with 2 needles and a bunch of mains along with the carb.

• Like 1

I seen the jd jetting but it not the whole carb it just the jet I was going to let the guy at the shop order it because he said he could find me one aftermarket and it will only be a hundred fifty bucks you can overnight it so that way I can have my bike and ride by the weekend but I will keep needs to Justin's and mine to put it back to the carburetor that I took out of it I paid like eight hundred bucks for this bike and I got like wall Overcoat to a thousand in it I'm not getting rid of this bike this bag is part of the family now

JD jetting sells carbs that have their kit installed in it.  You would want the 38mm PWK airstriker carb from them.  If I remember right it is $235.  I think the carbs from the Honda dealers mentioned in my post above are abouit $180. IMO some cheap Chinese aftermarket carb is just going to be a bunch of problems.

Still have to buy the correct 1 Now at this point i feel like i should open my own shop because for some reason the only reason when i got this text this morning i knew i wasn't riding a 5 10min job doesn't take until 6-7 & the afternoon local side shops are cool but the way i spend my money don't experience with me kno your craft but at the same time the 98cr250r has thw hardest parts to find

wow you ask for advise then you clearly don't listen to guys who know.  You could have bought a new carb from rocky mountain with all the correct connections for 240 free shipping.  But it looks like you prefer to beat your head against the wall.  best of luck, I have a 98 that rips and when I need parts I go OEM and it has never ever let me down.  Except its running a weisco crank rod piston kit no issue

• Like 1

wow you ask for advise then you clearly don't listen to guys who know.  You could have bought a new carb from rocky mountain with all the correct connections for 240 free shipping.  But it looks like you prefer to beat your head against the wall.  best of luck, I have a 98 that rips and when I need parts I go OEM and it has never ever let me down.  Except its running a weisco crank rod piston kit no issue

I didn't buy it the local shop thought it would fit but i went & bought the right 1 off eBay

Sent from my LGMP450 using ThumperTalk mobile app