Neken 1" 1/8 handlebar fitting to the CRF 250 L 2017

Hi everyone,

So for my first mod, I would like to go with a new handlebar. But, I wonder if I don't make a mistake in the width. I purchase a Neken bar, 820 mm width, 110 mm height and 73° of sweep. Many website compare this bar to Renthal 999 MC GRATH or Pro Taper CARMICHAEL, cause Neken sizes from board to board, while Renthal or Pro Taper size from axle to axle (?! - information coming from french website).
Well I'm thinking I was good, but when I go to my dealer to make a rendez-vous for the 1000 Km service, he told me it won't be possible to mount this bar, cause of the throttle, brake and ABS cable which were to small.
So should I go with another handlebar, or rerouting the cable could do the job ? And yes, I have the Pro Taper universal clamp to fit the 1'' 1/8 Neken bar on the stock clamp.

Thank you

You might be able to make it work yourself by rerouting the cables.

But I can understand a dealer not wanting to get involved if the cables all seem a bit short. It can be very time consuming trying to get everything routed neatly.  And if in the end it's not possible to make it work you have to put everything back to stock.

Finally, my Neken fit the CRFL. So, here is the "Japanese" Edition, with Pro Taper adapter and grip.

But on the last picture, we could see the "plastic" stock throttle tube. I think it's normal, but could you confirm that.

Thank you.

IMG_3115.JPG

IMG_3118.JPG

IMG_3119.JPG

1 hour ago, WebbDavid said:

But on the last picture, we could see the "plastic" stock throttle tube. I think it's normal, but could you confirm that.

I do not think it is normal and believe the grips should slide up over that part of the throttle tube.

I had mine installed and I do not think the guy cut or modified my tube ... :excuseme:

1392336853709.jpg

IMG_20140412_164249.jpg

Edited by gnath9

Okay. I'll push a little bit more.

I tried... but it doesn't want to go further. The grip looks too small ?!

Edited by WebbDavid

46 minutes ago, WebbDavid said:

I tried... but it doesn't want to go further. The grip looks too small ?!

My pillow tops look small as well .... somebody with more knowledge may chime in soon I hope ... 

It'll go, use some dish soap as a lubricant at the end. It will dry and not leave any residue. Unless of course you already used grip glue for the rest of it ...

4 hours ago, gnath9 said:

I do not think it is normal and believe the grips should slide up over that part of the throttle tube.

I dremmeled that ridge off my old throttle tube...on the OEM grips there is a groove on the inside of the grip that sits over it...on aftermarket ones there isn't

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kompact said:

It'll go, use some dish soap as a lubricant at the end. It will dry and not leave any residue. Unless of course you already used grip glue for the rest of it ...

No glue. I'll do this. But later, cause it's Holiday time.

Thank you for the tip.