High-Sierra Nevada - Bonanza Country!! ...ride report 7/15/17

Eldorado650 is Hoss and I am little joe,  Hoss showed me around a 6 hour ride of Bonanza Country today!   Thanks Sean

the ride starts with fantastic views, and basically we raced some SWEET double track from 6000 Ft to 9300Ft across the whole Bonanza territory from view to view 

the ride starts here...:

IMG_5684.JPG

IMG_5687.JPG

IMG_5690.JPG

IMG_5688.JPG

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 2

Hey!

It looks like your taste in beer has improved!

IMG_5747.JPG

It really doesn't count when you're back at the trucks.  We were drinking Keystone Light way out in BFE! ?  That was 5 years ago & I'm still talking about it, Sean!  Last time up at Strawberry, Steven & I got lost, arrived back at the truck in the dark.  I didn't realize how DARK it gets in the woods.  No moon, no street lights ?,  you can't even see your hand in front of your face.

Beautiful Pictures too! ?  You guys know how to do it up!

Sean, I think there's a story behind that lake! 

IMG_5688.JPG

P.S.   My Kegorator just blew up.  I had to pickup another Craigslist special for $50.  It's bigger & better than my last one.  I wanted to just swap out the top collar & be done fast & furious.  But they no longer make my old chest freezer.  I was trolling Craigslist for over 1 month with no luck. So I pulled the plug on this hoarder's special.  New dimensions.............. so I had to build a new collar.  Picked 2x6 Pine instead of the fancy White Oak.  They were moving and didn't want to cart it around........................ so I picked it up cheap! :goofy:  Now I need to fill it up with Homebrew!  

Nothing like a cheap hobby that tastes good! :devil:

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

I'm sorry.  I've slowed down a lot in my old age.  My son takes TLC of me out on the trail. ?  If I could just get him to concentrate on that Yamaha, it'd be done by now.  Damn chicks!

It took me a week to finish that Kegorator.  It's the German in me, can't sit still.

I caught a 4 lb small mouth bass in that very spot, standing on the right bank.  I was sure the guards would show up & drag me up to the prison! ?

RIMG0964.JPG

Edited by superslyko

31 minutes ago, superslyko said:

I caught a 4 lb small mouth bass in that very spot, standing on the right bank.  I was sure the guards would show up & drag me up to the prison! ?

And trade you around for cigarettes.....?

?

• Like 2