Big radiators and fan and guard for 2 stroke Beta 250 300 rr?

Dave at Get Dirty has a set of the Mylers and EE guards on his 300RR. Not sure about the fan though. I rode that 300 on some pretty nasty stuff a few seasons back with no hint of overheating. He also has the two piece high compression head that makes a big difference in cooling.

100_4245.JPG.28e0076e1bc104558494ad022d536a54.JPG100_4248.JPG.cfc1ea35b9ff77b3867170afd9a758a2.JPG

• Helpful 1

I have found the RR300 standard setup with fan impossible to boil. Running 30% bog standard car antifreeze The fan almost never comes on. And I'm riding slow technical steep stuff, I'm 110 kg in riding gear, and often wear a 10-15kg back pack. I have lowered the gearing, to 12/51 so there's not much of the time I am using fast airflow for cooling and the bike never complains. Nudging 200 hours on standard everything. Its the best bike I have ever owned, and the least modded. Just bar risers and bark busters, all done. More time for riding:)

• Like 1

Yea I have a higher pressure rad cap, a fan and an overflow tank now and its pretty good. I just want better is all for the real slippery muddy clutch slipping days ..the real ugly days...Beta 2t enduro are resistant to boiling...but Ive boiled my Beta in the past..not alot at all though.. Id rather have big radiators on ....in addition.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

seen that unabiker and BPD have rad guards that have allowance for bigger mylers or whatever bigger radiators.. not sure about the fan clearance yet though.. although BPD looks like will..didn't see with unabiker yet about if the fan fits...

3 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

seen that unabiker and BPD have rad guards that have allowance for bigger mylers or whatever bigger radiators.. not sure about the fan clearance yet though.. although BPD looks like will..didn't see with unabiker yet about if the fan fits...

Something to note when using EE or Unibiker guards. The bottom cross bar needs to be removed for fan fitment.  

5 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Yea I have a higher pressure rad cap, a fan and an overflow tank now and its pretty good. I just want better is all for the real slippery muddy clutch slipping days ..the real ugly days...Beta 2t enduro are resistant to boiling...but Ive boiled my Beta in the past..not alot at all though.. Id rather have big radiators on ....in addition.

Watching some of those videos of yours and yes for that kind of riding I can't imagine not having a fan! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, motumatai said:

I have found the RR300 standard setup with fan impossible to boil. Running 30% bog standard car antifreeze The fan almost never comes on. And I'm riding slow technical steep stuff, I'm 110 kg in riding gear, and often wear a 10-15kg back pack. I have lowered the gearing, to 12/51 so there's not much of the time I am using fast airflow for cooling and the bike never complains. Nudging 200 hours on standard everything. Its the best bike I have ever owned, and the least modded. Just bar risers and bark busters, all done. More time for riding:)

Thanks! Good info!