So i put a new crank in my 06 crf100 after it has been sitting for 2 or 3 years. Got it all together and it runs and idles fine and if i give it gas when its in neutral its fine but when i put it in gear and give gas it bogs down bad, it seems like it runs alittle better with coke but hard to tell. So i have cleaned the carb like 2 or 3 times and that didnt work so i rebuild the carb and i have played with the pilot screw in about every setting and still has a really bad bog. Hope someone knows what im explaining or has had the same problem. Thanks

It sounds like you have no main jet or no needle, or you mixed up the jets.

If it idles, the pilot circuit is fine.

If you turn the throttle slightly past idle, and it bogs, it's going to the next circuit, the needle+main

Make sure you have the correct main jet and that the needle is held in place

So i took the pilot screw completely out and it runs better. I can now actually ride it if i put the choke in the middle position but it still needs work. I dont know whats wrong but i know that i didn't mix any of the jets up

Are you talking about the throttle stop screw or the pilot air screw? It dosent have a fuel screw

1 hour ago, Wescrf said:

Are you talking about the throttle stop screw or the pilot air screw? It dosent have a fuel screw

All carbs have a fuel or air adjustment screw and an idle screw. 

Fourstrokes have fuel screws, two strokes have air screws.

• Like 1

So i found the air leak but it still wont run good unless i put the choke half way and now it doesnt idle smooth so i might take it back off and clean it again

1 hour ago, Wescrf said:

So i found the air leak but it still wont run good unless i put the choke half way and now it doesnt idle smooth so i might take it back off and clean it again

There should be no reason to 'clean' it more than once. Is your gas tank clean internally? No debis in the tank?

Where was the air leak

Gas tank is clean. I drained it and put in fresh gas. I took it back apart this morning and found some trash in the jets and i cleaned them real good and now its running good. The air leak was on the top cap for the throttle. Thanks for the help

• Like 1