Silencer options for 250x

Just curious to see if anyone has played around with different silencers for the x, aside from the tc2 that I know a lot of people have.  Anyone tried a shorty?  Pro circuit?  Would love to hear a review on something other than the turbine core 2.  

I tried a Q Stealth with a PC works, it doesn't fit the bike properly.

I don't know, but it seems like FMF and PC products are incompatible?

• Like 1

I know how many of the silencers available work on the regular 250, but based on the pipe review from dirt bike test I am led to believe that the 250x is sensitive to pipe and silencer changes and some of the ones out there kill power on the x.  Was hoping to find someone that has real world experience with other combos on the x

1 hour ago, Ron W said:

I tried a Q Stealth with a PC works, it doesn't fit the bike properly.

I don't know, but it seems like FMF and PC products are incompatible?

I found that to be an exact problem. However, others told me I was full of it. Hmmm, I have had plenty of bikes go through my shop, I think I know, just like you.

9 minutes ago, Kinger317 said:

Which company is not compatible with stock OEM? I'll make sure to avoid, thanks

Aftermarket silencer: any shorty, USFS, or other has worked with OEM chamber.

OEM Silencer: works with any pipe I have found.

FMF pipe to PC silencer and visa-visa is where I found fitment the issue.  

I  think one comes up short, as the other is to long. I have cut 1/16-1/4" off of a silencer pipe (as it connect to tip of chamber) and the PC silencer fit the FMF Fatty pipe. But thats the modification needed for them to mount properly. 

DEP/Bills, "other" I have not tried. 

• Like 1

Interesting, everything I have ever mix matched has fit OK. Certain combos must have accumulative error! Good to know it's not by much and can be made to work. I'll keep miss matching at will! Carry-on!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I run a FMF Gnarly on my 250x with a PC Type 296 spark arrestor. Fits perfectly. I ran the FMF pipe with the stock silencer for a while and the 296 made the power a bit more linear and maybe just a bit softer overall than stock. It's quieter than stock. I really like it. My bike lugs and hooks up in low traction areas very well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doc_speeder said:

I run a FMF Gnarly on my 250x with a PC Type 296 spark arrestor. Fits perfectly. I ran the FMF pipe with the stock silencer for a while and the 296 made the power a bit more linear and maybe just a bit softer overall than stock. It's quieter than stock. I really like it. My bike lugs and hooks up in low traction areas very well.

I run the exact same setup and it fits perfectly as well.  

• Like 1

Anyone tried a non SA silencer like 304 or powercore 2?

I'm currently running the GYTR silencer for the YZ on my X. Raced 8 hare scrambles so far and seems to run strong.

Mark

On 7/18/2017 at 5:32 PM, dcdr said:

Anyone tried a non SA silencer like 304 or powercore 2?

Im interested in this as well

On 2017-7-19 at 0:21 AM, Doc_speeder said:

1x Internet beer to you for liking a quiet bike.

• Like 1