Evans Creek Feedback

Lots of coffee today so double posting! Any feedback on the Evans Creek ORV area? Looking for some summer riding options other than Tahuya where we ride in the other seasons.

Thanks

I was up there a few weeks ago,I ran into a couple patches way up top.

I was up there a few weeks ago,I ran into a couple patches way up top.

Just read your other post zoom,I wouldn't recommend taking your kids up to evans till u check it out.alot of the trails have cliffs,big rocks,beautiful but can be dangerous in spots for the less experienced.
  • Like 1

Just read your other post zoom,I wouldn't recommend taking your kids up to evans till u check it out.alot of the trails have cliffs,big rocks,beautiful but can be dangerous in spots for the less experienced.

Thanks for the heads up.

23 hours ago, mudmixer said:

I wouldn't recommend taking your kids up to evans till u check it out. Alot of the trails have cliffs,big rocks,beautiful but can be dangerous in spots for the less experienced.

I second that. It can be pretty gnarly in places, and with it being so isolated cell services is usually pretty poor or non-existent. (especially down in the thicker trees)

I would also stay away from it if riding alone.
I went up by myself last year and got into a bad situation, (drowned bike in big puddle) was soaking wet and a long ways from the truck, and no cell service.
Was able to get the bike going again and limped back to the truck, but that was the last time I'll be going up there alone!

Gorgeous views up at the top! And some real fun trials that are pretty unique, very different experience than Tahuya.
But, you're a long ways from town if something goes wrong, so plan accordingly.

• Like 1

Evan's creek is one of my favorite places to ride! Trails have seen better days. I went out there last weekend and the worst part was a few overgrown bushes and mud, but that never hurt anybody. I agree with previous posts about some of the difficulty. You can get out pretty far without cell service (at least for me) and some of those trails seem like a long way down if you take a tumble the wrong way.

• Like 1

I really like Evans Creek. Ride there pretty often in the summer. You can definitely find some gnarly bits out there. The 4x trails are a real challenge at times. Deep puddles and big dropoffs. The single track is fun, but not particularly well maintained. They can get fairly steep and rocky. A lot of the switchback turns can be a real challenge.

• Like 1