450 RX fluid leak help??

Rode my 450RX for the first time yesterday and found radiator fluid leaking from this spot. Today I found that this part moves up & down by hand anyone ever had this issue?

rxleak.JPG

Edited by Floyd A

Rode my 450RX for the first time yesterday and found radiator fluid leaking from this spot. Today I found that this part moves up & down by hand anyone ever hadd this issue?

rxleak.JPG.be117543922a22593d01765803c4d44d.JPG

I just went & checked mine. Solid, no play. And only about 1/8" gap between water pump housing & flange.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, havaride said:

I just went & checked mine. Solid, no play. And only about 1/8" gap between water pump housing & flange.

Thanks for looking!! I just checked the parts finder and it looks like its part of the water pump cover so worse case its $100 fix. Seem like a factory defect though. 

Edited by Floyd A
  • Like 1

Thanks for looking!! I just checked the parts finder and it looks like its part of the water pump cover so worse case its $100 fix. Seem like a factory defect though. 

Checked mine as well & identical to@havaride I would check with the dealer as that should be covered.

Id like to know how they retain the Y connection within the cover. Its more than likely just a couple o'rings in there sealing, but something has to hold the steel Y into the cover itself.

21 minutes ago, Shawn_Mc said:

Id like to know how they retain the Y connection within the cover. Its more than likely just a couple o'rings in there sealing, but something has to hold the steel Y into the cover itself.

I can post a photo when I pull it off the bike it kind of looks like a compression fitting. I was tempted to try and use a punch and try and reseat it but I would probably always be worried it would pop loose.

Edited by Floyd A

I forgot to take a picture of it but there's no retaining clip or anything and looks like the factory probably used some kind of sealant or it was a pressure fit connection. 

no bracket on the top hoding it down?  Must be a pressure fit what a joke of a design if that it.  lookshe hose is pulling up and sliding it outlike hose it a long ways over the fitting so if it is press fit maybe the hose is pulling it up.

Edited by ramjetV8

9 hours ago, ramjetV8 said:

no bracket on the top hoding it down?  Must be a pressure fit what a joke of a design if that it.  lookshe hose is pulling up and sliding it outlike hose it a long ways over the fitting so if it is press fit maybe the hose is pulling it up.

I do not know if Honda used a pressure fit it or some high heat epoxy to hold it. Nobody else seems to be having this issue so Im just lucky I guess. 

Edited by Floyd A