CR500AF TRUE ?

Is it true about the cr500af ?

cr450 frame with a 2001 cr500 motor

Edited by dukes

Is it true about the cr500af?

crf450 frame with a cr500 motor 

That you can buy it new like that.

No. Never have been able to, Honda has never produced it.

You can buy one from service Honda, but a quick google search would've shown you that
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, zotis777 said:

No. Never have been able to, Honda has never produced it.

You can buy one from service Honda, but a quick google search would've shown you that

Last I heard Service Honda went OOB.

• Like 1

Last I heard Service Honda went OOB.

Shit I don't keep up enough to realize. I wouldn't be shocked

Sorry OP, custom on off bikes are your only option of building a brand new cr500af, aside from that look for a used one

1 minute ago, William1 said:

Yeah, Service Honda stopped production about a year ago. Parts supply issues and costs.

From what I understand they also made some very poor business decisions that made their business unsustainable.

2 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

From what I understand they also made some very poor business decisions that made their business unsustainable.

Probably, one of which was producing something that had a limited supply chain. I think too, they sold parts too cheaply for the customer service they also provided.

I always thought their AF bikes were under priced by a couple of grand. Their pricing was like an OEM, not a boutique shop.

Service Honda seems to be no more but there are other companies that will build 500AF bikes.  There is one out West i believe, can't remember who though, then there is Panthera motorsports, not sure if they build whole bikes or just trick parts?  

Do some digging you can get them still but you gotta pay to play especially if you want one built, or you could do it yourself and save some serious $$$$  Saw an 05 450 roller for a few hundred just the other day, it was tempting but i like my 500 steelie just fine the way she is ;)  She ain't the perdiest but she runs and rides great.  

20170629_141919.jpeg

• Like 2

Way better to go through the process, frustration, tears, sweat & joy  of building your own.  :banghead:  ,:rant::jawdrop::lol: , :devil: ,:smashpc: , :confused: ,  :ride: , :cool:.

Edited by 87' CR 5003
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Motox367 said:

Just get a 450 :ride:

I'm old school & grew up riding / racing 2t's, but after owning an 02 AF CR500 a few yrs. back the 450 is a better choice IMHO.   

• Like 2

On 7/17/2017 at 8:29 PM, subxero said:

Service Honda seems to be no more but there are other companies that will build 500AF bikes.  There is one out West i believe, can't remember who though, then there is Panthera motorsports, not sure if they build whole bikes or just trick parts?  

Do some digging you can get them still but you gotta pay to play especially if you want one built, or you could do it yourself and save some serious $$$$  Saw an 05 450 roller for a few hundred just the other day, it was tempting but i like my 500 steelie just fine the way she is ;)  She ain't the perdiest but she runs and rides great.  

20170629_141919.jpeg

Af is a blast and turns on a dime, but nuthin's like a well tuned OEM, Still my favorite war horse.