Opinion on buying a Yamaha TT 350

I am thinking of buying a TT 350 at auction unseen in person if I can get it for under $200. 

In the blurb, it says 2000 model, turns over won't start. Has 5000 odd km's on it.

Still has rego and looks reasonable.

I have a bit of mechanical knowledge and plenty of tools, time and a garage but never stripped a bikes carb down before....

What do you think worth a punt for a cheap ride?

$200 Is nothing ,take a chance . I have bought a couple of cheap non running bikes before . I got 2 of them working a 3rd parted out. 

All it may need is a good carb cleaning,  worst case something came apart in the motor and its toast. 

• Like 1

Stop right there... the last year for a Yamaha TT350 was in 1987... my dad has one and that was the last year they were made. That being said, my dad loves it and the bike is bullet proof. You might think I'm full of shit but he's never even put a piston in it or touched the valves since buying it new in 1987... I kid you not. And rides ALOT. The pain in the ass is the dual carbs... those are tough to clean. That's the only thing he doesn't like about it.

• Like 1

A 1987 TT350 should last forever, should never need a piston or valve work.
They still TT350 type bikes in other parts of the world.

• Like 1

I'm in Australia so I am thinking that maybe they did a TT in 2000. It's called a Belgarda TT 350 and on the compliance plate it has 8 /00 Does that mean it's a 2000 model.

Looks like the tt350 was still made in 2000.  There were a lot of bikes made that were never brought to the US . 

• Like 2

WELL I didn't get the TT......The bidding was heavy in the end it went for $ 1500 bid plus auction fees of around $200 so 

I have seen far better deals in the local classifieds

i