Single track at Johnny Park?

Hey all. My dad is coming to town for a few days to ride and I was hoping to take him to some single track, or at least some good double track. Thought about Rampart since it'll be weekdays but being in Longmont it is a little far and he doesn't like to camp. We've been to Johnny park but only recently heard that there was single track there. It's less than an hour from my house so would really like to check that out but have no idea where it starts. I'd be parking on the Big Elk Meadows side. If anyone could tell me how to find the Johnny Park single track that would be great. You can PM me if you want. 

If we can't find it then may try Donner Pass or Kilpecker unless you have any other suggestions. 

Did you get specifics on Johnny Park?  Interested in riding this as its near to me as well.  I'm familiar with the Johnny Park Jeep trail that starts off of Hwy 36, but not sure where the single track runs and level of difficulty...  There are a couple of vids on YouTube from NCER for reference, but no idea where it starts.

Johnny Park is a Jeep road.  There is no legal single track for motorized.   I don't think there is ANY legal single track in Boulder County since they shut down Left Hand OHV. 

Near Johnny Park road is Pearson Park road which I like more but it no longer goes through to Estes since the 2013 flood caused a landslide.
  There is more challenging stuff off Bunce Road nearby but that area is also shrinking.   Miller Rock, also in the area has some tough sections too.

Edited by Carl S
typo correct

15 hours ago, Carl S said:

Johnny Park is a Jeep road.  There is no legal single track for motorized.   I don't think there is ANY legal single track in Boulder County since they shut down Left Hand OHV. 

Near Johnny Park road is Pearson Park road which I like more but it no longer goes through to Estes since the 2013 flood caused a landslide.
  There is more challenging stuff off Bunce Road nearby but that area is also shrinking.   Miller Rock, also in the area has some tough sections too.

I've Jeeped Johnny Park, Pierson Park (before the flood), Pole Hill, all the Bunce Trails, and Miller Rock.  Took my bike up Bunce, T33A Plane Crash, IronClads, MSV in the last month but have yet to take the bike on the other trails.  

Not trying to start drama if, in fact, Johnny Park Single Track is not 'official', but these recent vids by a local Meetup Group appear to indicate that this is viable single track.  I just don't know where it starts/ends:

go here:

http://www.staythetrail.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=266593&module_id=234665

Go to links at the bottom for Map E.  Map E shows Trail 118 named Johnny Park.  To my reading all the pink/blue colored trails are OHV (e.g. ATV) and not single track.  If you visit Map D (Donner Hill/Buckhorn) and Map C (Red Feather Lakes) you will find some limited singletrack trails.

p.s. if you look at the Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM) for Canyon Lakes Ranger District (e.g. click on the PDF link at bottom), this will show you those trails/roads where motorized vehicle use is allowed.  Unfortunately, the rules are that unless specifically marked as motor vehicle use trails are non-motorized.  Of course, most of us see it differently that unless marked as non-motorized you should be able to ride them on motorcycles.

I didnt watch the video, but the MVUM doesnt show any  motorized single track in that Johnny Park area.

Edited by SilvFx