2002 kx125 clutch problems

Looking for some help. I bought this bike blown up, rebuilt and bought new parts and put it all together but used the clutch that came with it. The bike runs really good. I went for the first ride and few days ago after some heat cycles and was just putting around my yard. When I first set off the clutch was working as it should, smooth feel at the lever, no lurching as I put it in gear or anything out of the ordinary. When I stopped and went to set off again tho, the bike tried to jump as I put it in gear and then the grab at the lever was gone. The clutch won't disengage. Has anyone else had a similar issue? I have been reading and many people said this was due to the plates sticking or grooves worn into the basket. When putting mine together I used a diagram and am quite sure it is together as it should be and the basket is not grooved. Could this be due to the oil? I was using 10w40 Castrol, should I try some atf type f? It's like there is suddenly more space between the pressure plate and the plates, I don't get it

I would think if it was a notched basket or incorrect plate arrangement, the problem would have been there from the beginning.

I'm assuming your lever slack is adjust correctly.

If your bike has a cable mounting bracket down on the engine case, make sure that when you pull in your clutch lever, that the bracket is not flexing and giving you a false clutch disengagement. 

If all checks ok, make sure you haven't had a clutch come apart and is "stacking up" in between other plates/discs causing no clearance, and the clutch to not release.

I personally use ATF in all gear boxes, but it won't help if you have something wrong.

I tried adjusting the cable that isn't the issue, where the clutch actuator arm use to grab it just flops now, I think for some reason the throw out bearing is further from the pressure plate than it was

there should be a washer behind the clutch basket that is easy to misplace or forget.  when its left out the clutch wont operate properly, double check and make sure yours is there.