TTR-125 rebuild for adult female (and me)

My kid just got a TTR-50 and my wife wants to ride the little track with him so she's getting her old TTR-125 back from her father's preache's neighbor or somewhere. Since it's like a 2004ish bike that's been neglected for a bunch of years, I think that I am pretty much going to go through the whole thing. She'll use it on track and trail but not super aggressive and I'll use it as a pit-bike to race the boy around the yard. She's about 160. I am significant;y more, but it's primarily gouge to be her bike. I got a can of 20-weight fork oil already, but now I'm thinking that it might be too stiff. What springs do you guys recommend to go in there. WHat should I do about the shock?

On an unrelated note, I keep hearing about "new" carbs for these bikes. DO you think I'll be able to clean it out or am I going to need a new one? 

carbs on these yamahas are pretty bullet proof.  Just take your time and clean out the jets and scrub the bowl and make sure the float is set right. just make sure you set the idle knob right or you're going to be having fits.

As for suspension; as the bike is primarily hers and not yours, I wouldn't be going and sizing the "bowling ball" for your fingers.... (I'll never understand how people don't get that joke...)  Set it right for her so that SHE'LL enjoy it.  Not you.  If that means sticking with 10W 8W or even 5W fork oil then that means you'll just have to play nice on it when you are "racing the kid" around the yard.

make sure the valve clearances are set and if it's that old and neglected it might be worth checking the cylinder and seeing if there is some cross hatch on the walls.  Might just want to buy some new piston rings as they are pretty cheap anyway and replace those right away.

5W in the rear shock should be plenty.  Remember, you want her to ride with you and if it's stiff as all hell she's not going to want to ride it very much, no matter how cool you are =P