Fork Rebuild - Yes or No

I ride a 07 WR250f. I'm considering reworking my front forks. The forks were last reworked 5-6 years ago. Since then the bike had been through 25-30 Harescramles, 40-50 half day trail rides, and 2 sets of seal savers. I've never had a leaking seal. Am I crazy for thinking about fixing what isn't broke? I have replaces seals only to have them blow again just a few rides later. What do you guys think?

Ride On!

Seals may not leak but the longer you leave the fork oil in there,

the more it gets contaminated with metallic debris and wears away at other components

also gradually degrading the suspension's performance. 

Typical motocross track riding can wear bushings in 20-25 hours of use, the oil that comes out is really spent as well.

Perhaps trail / enduro not so much but still a consideration for anyone that use the bike for a competitive usage.

Suspension components are expensive, preventative maintenance is always better than fixing things later on $$$.

Some shock bladders suffer from migration in as little as a year (can happen even when bike is not in use)

as the nitrogen charge gradually passed thru the rubber into the oil side of the shock.

From the outside you'll read low and re-adjust the pressure but, the shock will always have an air pocket unless repaired & re-bled.

Edited by mlatour

Well there you have it folks... I'm ordering my rebuild kit as we speak. Any suggestions on fork oil? I'm going with th oem yamaha kit from Rocky Mountain for $55.