Wallace to Avery July 29th

I rode just north of Avery up closer to I90 barely in Idaho with my son after July 4th. We had a great time. I picked up a booklet at the Ranger Station just north of I90 in Coeur d'Alene that shows a lot of fun trails. Most of the trails were more difficult than I wanted to take my son on. I am sure we will be able to use it for years to explore in the area. It is called something like Exceptional Dirt Bike Loops of the St. Joe Ranger District. It is in a pamphlet stand in the airlock of the entrance to the ranger station so you can get to it when the office is closed. We went to the Fernan Office.

Have fun over there!

Fernan Office
2505 E. Sherman Ave
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
(208) 664-2318

Edited by mastermarine
  • Like 1

I'll be there!

The Wallace to Avery ride is 80 miles of mostly advanced single-track.  There's a continuous supply of switchbacks, climbs, descents, side-hills, and stream crossings.  Last years ride we only had a couple of riders drop out early because they were in over their heads.

Although we appreciate your support, you don't have to be a PANTRA member on this ride if you want to tag along.  We'll have coffee and doughnuts at the Cranky Gulch staging area.  Lunch and fuel will be up to you.  We stop for lunch and top off our tanks in Avery before making our way back via Nelson Ridge.

All the details are on the above links if you're interested.

WA-1-1024x576.jpg

I'll be there!
The Wallace to Avery ride is 80 miles of mostly advanced single-track.  There's a continuous supply of switchbacks, climbs, descents, side-hills, and stream crossings.  Last years ride we only had a couple of riders drop out early because they were in over their heads.
Although we appreciate your support, you don't have to be a PANTRA member on this ride if you want to tag along.  We'll have coffee and doughnuts at the Cranky Gulch staging area.  Lunch and fuel will be up to you.  We stop for lunch and top off our tanks in Avery before making our way back via Nelson Ridge.
All the details are on the above links if you're interested.

WA-1-1024x576.jpg.09fe46609a4ceb0bc94c2836654a99ef.jpg

Plan on being there myself Steve

Do non Idaho people need to buy any special tags? Need a plate?

1 hour ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Whew, I was worried I was gonna need a helmet! Gotta love Idaho, be responsible for yourself, thank you.  Thanks for posting that Joe, I gotta start getting out to some of these great rides. Daughter gets her drivers license in November so that should change up some schedules.  

5 hours ago, KaToomTime said:

Whew, I was worried I was gonna need a helmet! Gotta love Idaho, be responsible for yourself, thank you.  Thanks for posting that Joe, I gotta start getting out to some of these great rides. Daughter gets her drivers license in November so that should change up some schedules.  

Yeah that was my motivation. When I see people driving from New Jersey and Florida just to ride Idahos world class singletrack and that we are so close...

11 hours ago, KaToomTime said:

Don't get used to Idaho being so friendly.  The IRC has been pushing hard the last couple of years to get rid of reciprocity and have non-residents pay-to-play.  Last I heard they had a good chance of pushing the legislation through next year.

We've been pushing back hard against this since we live in the Panhandle where it's only 75 miles between the Washington boarder and the Montana boarder.  Most of our club rides all three states and that would get pretty expensive if we had to register all our ORV's in each State we ride.  The people in Boise who are pushing this would be less likely to be affected so that's why they prefer the pay-to-play over just raising our $12 sticker fee to $24 (which will eventually happen anyhow).

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that. There comes a time its cheaper to risk the ticket then cave to extorsion, which is unfortunate if orv fees actually are earmarked for orv related spending

3 hours ago, 350DirtRider said:

Don't get used to Idaho being so friendly.  The IRC has been pushing hard the last couple of years to get rid of reciprocity and have non-residents pay-to-play.  Last I heard they had a good chance of pushing the legislation through next year.

We've been pushing back hard against this since we live in the Panhandle where it's only 75 miles between the Washington boarder and the Montana boarder.  Most of our club rides all three states and that would get pretty expensive if we had to register all our ORV's in each State we ride.  The people in Boise who are pushing this would be less likely to be affected so that's why they prefer the pay-to-play over just raising our $12 sticker fee to $24 (which will eventually happen anyhow).

Sounds like a good time. Maybe I need to find my way over there.