FMF Turbine Core 2 vs, 2.1

The turbine core 2 i put on the 17 250xc is loud. 99db , 3 different sound test. I repacked and it didn't make any difference. Luckily they weren't to strict on the rules and let me race, we have a 98db limit. The 2.1 on a 300 passed at 94 db. So if noise is a factor go with the 2.1.

Get the KTM version. So much prettier. Buy it where you got your bike. I walked in with RMATV site on my phone with exhaust in mind. I knew I had to get a s/a silencer. They beat the price. I just got a 250XC and got the black 2.1.

Thanks guys! Noise isn't really a huge factor. But I was looking at the KTM version. I really like the black. I'll see what kind of price my dealer will do on that one.

If noise is a concern also look into a PC296, I ran a TC2 on my 300 for one ride and ditched it due to noise.  PC wakes up low end a bit, of course the overall length is longer but the noise is way down compared the FMF back to back.

2.1 wasn't out when I got my bike in Jan so I went with the 2.0.  The rest of my group has the 2.1 and I can't tell any difference.    That being said I think the 2.1 is much larger.  In our hands (not a scale) it also seemed heavier or the same but that could just be our collective heads which isn't saying much.  Anyway I am sticking with the 2.0.  The factory silicone lasted one ride until it started leaking.  Repacked at 35 hours and a little RTV fixed that.  However, the 2.1 has better stickers which might be good for 20 hp.  I really only cared about the sparkie, power is not an issue on the 300 for me there is plenty for my riding.