Tail Tidy + LED's for a 16 500RS?

Looking for a shorter tail section and led turn signals.  I see sic ass has some decent LED's but am failing to find a slimmer tail section.  Any ideas?  The rear of my 500RS hangs down ALOT.  That will be gone after 1 or 2 more woods rides. :(..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013JWM74C/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1500309647&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=led+turn+signals+motorcycle&dpPl=1&dpID=51rXbm33-3L&ref=plSrch

I just added these, along with the suggested flasher and simply removed the existing taillight assembly and mounted the smaller LED's to the drop down enduro section of the rear fender.

Vid showing what it looks like:

• Like 1

Thanks that's great.. Just ordered up the signals and the led flasher.. think i'll do the same as you and ditch the rear plate light.. kind of unnecessary for me.  Thanks again!

12 minutes ago, markwoodlief said:

Thanks that's great.. Just ordered up the signals and the led flasher.. think i'll do the same as you and ditch the rear plate light.. kind of unnecessary for me.  Thanks again!

No problem. Glad to have helped. A head's up, your existing wiring has 2 wires for turn signals and the Amazon ones have 3 wires.  The male plugs on the Amazon ones don't fit your stock as well.  

All I did was get some male plugs that fit, cut the plugs off the Amazon ones and wired the 2 positive wires together into 1 male plug.  The other is the ground.  Pretty easy. 

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, firffighter said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013JWM74C/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1500309647&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=led+turn+signals+motorcycle&dpPl=1&dpID=51rXbm33-3L&ref=plSrch

I just added these, along with the suggested flasher and simply removed the existing taillight assembly and mounted the smaller LED's to the drop down enduro section of the rear fender.

Vid showing what it looks like:

Those rad guards look very restrictive, any overheating yet? UPDATE! Looking at the video gives a better idea of the air flow, never mind.

Edited by YHGEORGE

54 minutes ago, YHGEORGE said:

Those rad guards look very restrictive, any overheating yet? UPDATE! Looking at the video gives a better idea of the air flow, never mind.

That was my biggest concern.  I have found some guards to be too restrictive.  These BPD seem to be working well so far with about 100 miles with them on.  No super technical terrain though.