Best front (drive) sprocket size for trail/wood riding + rear sprocket (driven sprocket )

considering riding 450s : Is 12t sprocket better for trail/enduro use !?

does it help the bike not getting stall in the tide sections  !?

or 13t is still better and just changing the rear to 52t ?

dose it help to have 12t front + 52t on the rear ?

any other combination !? suggestion !? 

Besides the bike, I think it is personal preference and where you ride. I run a 12/53 on my 450 because I ride some very tight trails and like a very low first gear. The more clutch work you do, the less you need a granny.

If you have a reckless, you dont even need a granny gear,  but I removed my rekluse so I put the 12/53 back on.  Downside of 12T on front, at least for me, the sprocket wears out quicker and eat thru the chain slider quicker.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Which 450?  Power is different, trans gearing is different, weight of bike is different.  All factors.

aha , ok . i have a 2011 yz450

18 hours ago, wielywilly-g said:

Besides the bike, I think it is personal preference and where you ride. I run a 12/53 on my 450 because I ride some very tight trails and like a very low first gear. The more clutch work you do, the less you need a granny.

If you have a reckless, you dont even need a granny gear,  but I removed my rekluse so I put the 12/53 back on.  Downside of 12T on front, at least for me, the sprocket wears out quicker and eat thru the chain slider quicker.

i had bought the bike which already have these setting and i wonder if i should go back to 13t sprocket !? I have heard about the rekluse , but they are so expensive.

I always drive in the woods (here in Nordic countries) which barely allow me to go to the 3ND gear and i usually using 2ND and 1ST gear .

9 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

i run a 12/52 - 450sx on the trails - had 14/52 - too tall

tanx , then i stock to my current setting (12t+52t) 

• Like 1