KYB SSS shim stacks

Hi Guys

So I got my hands on a pair of KYB of a 2009 YZ 450F. I am in the process of fitting them to my 2014 Husqvarna TE 250. I have some experience with tuning WP forks but I have not worked on the KYB. My question is what is the standard shim stack for those 2009 YZ450F forks?

If I have that information I will work out my own stack from there. 

21 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:

In a sticky at the top of the page. 

Ok thanks I completely forgot about that. 

Any advice for the revalve? I do fast and open offroad races and the occasional MX. I am a B rider on the offroad stuff but for MX I take it easy with no huge jumping. Races are similar to GNCC I guess. 

I believe the fork will work well in the high speed stuff and braking bumps. I am just a little worried about how it will go over the slower rocky stuff. Maybe just increase the float or should I make the BV a bit softer? I have not tuned KYB before so I am just taking a wild guess here.

There is an offroad thread about the SSS I've mucked a bit with them. I prefer a cross over in the base and a little less float compared to some. I'd drop face shims for sure 10-16 face shims. either straight taper to round a 14mm clamp I prefer a 26 crossover after the face shims. Mid I run 3 face shims and a straight taper to a 10 clamp with 0.3/0.35 float ( I have two bikes one with 0.35 one 0.3 yes they are different bikes). Rebound depends on your springs but a common comment is people prefer the later Yamaha stacks. Have a play and post up people will help this place is good like that but you must put in the effort or many of the tuners that help from time to time will not. 

There is an offroad thread about the SSS I've mucked a bit with them. I prefer a cross over in the base and a little less float compared to some. I'd drop face shims for sure 10-16 face shims. either straight taper to round a 14mm clamp I prefer a 26 crossover after the face shims. Mid I run 3 face shims and a straight taper to a 10 clamp with 0.3/0.35 float ( I have two bikes one with 0.35 one 0.3 yes they are different bikes). Rebound depends on your springs but a common comment is people prefer the later Yamaha stacks. Have a play and post up people will help this place is good like that but you must put in the effort or many of the tuners that help from time to time will not. 

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely come up with my own stacks. I will first do the conversion and run ths kyb in stock trim. Then I will see if I like it or what needs to change. I guess it is better to ride 1st and then change than to change before I ride it the first time and just assume it wont work for my riding style.

Will send you my stacks and feedback when I get to riding the bike. The bike is away at the moment and broken so I cant do anything right now.