ECU Mapping (share your settings)

On 7/18/2017 at 9:58 AM, tabbasi said:

Here are some screen shots of the factory maps from the 2017 RX.

2017 RX Map 3.png

2017 RX Map 2.png

For easier comparison 

On 7/18/2017 at 10:02 AM, tabbasi said:

596e22f6b1ae2_Map2ignition.png.7d3f8109563e77ef931d25f81bd70ef9.pngThose are the fuel maps. Here are the ignition maps.

Map 3 ignition.png

For easier comparison 

On 8/3/2017 at 11:45 AM, Shawn_Mc said:

You guys realize the "problem" with the GET is that you still have to put power to the ECU to write to it, right? Thats why you have to have the bike running. You could run the GET without starting the bike if you placed a provision to power the system up without starting the bike. All the GET is, is a wireless interface and their App is a substitute for the HRC software. But none of it will work, unless you wake up the system with power.

The bike running to upload a map isn't a problem really if you had a map ready to go and you could just pop it in there in a few seconds. This is the problem, the software won't let you edit the maps and save them in its current form. I would think this is just a bug and could be updated fairly easy, its up to them to fix it. If not, I will go a different route as well.

• Like 1

I also returned mine but they claim they are going to test it before I can be refunded. Mine never powered on so should be no problem with a refund. I really need some new boots mine are trashed from my foot slipping off the kick starter on my YZ250F. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2017 at 4:29 PM, nate1001 said:

This is the map I have been riding with for about 40 hours. I also have the g2 throttle tamer. This eliminated the flameout/stalling when coming out of corners and fanning the clutch over obstacles. It helps with the jerky throttle but doesn't cure it. Make sure you set the idle to 2000rpm also.

15004130782741903352440.jpg

15004131710141515570727.jpg

@nate1001 You still riding this map? Have you adjusted it any or you satisfied? 

I am still riding this map. I'm mostly satisfied as it is a good change from stock, but would still like it to be a little less jerky off idle. I haven't had a chance to try changes yet as most of the time I get to ride are at races and don't want to start out with unknown settings.

Hi Guys,

My name is Dan Truman I work for Athena / GET. Most of you hate me and yet you have never even met me. I read the 10 pages, I understand some of you are upset with the GET wifi Com. I also can tell that some of you don't know anything about the GET product and are very quick to bad mouth it.

This forum started the same time we left for Loretta Lynn's anyone who has ever been there knows there is no service, not for phones or internet. We even bought the wifi package they offer and it didn't work. This is noones fault, and I understand you want answers right away. If you bought the product from parts unlimited have your rep contact me and we will approve a refund if the product is still new. I spoke to a few of you who post on here by email or by phone and yes I agree the instructions are not the best. They were already getting redone before this forum started and hope to have new ones soon.

Here is some other info.

This product was developed with the GET engineers and HRC engineers in Japan years ago. This is not something just GET came up with, you have to have the OEM approval on things like this. Working with the OEM things take time. There are alot of things that have to happen. This is not something we came up with when Yamaha released their new bike. As many of you know we work VERY close with Yamaha both in US with Chad Reed, Cooper Webb and Europe with the Factory Yamaha race team for MX1 and MX2. This GET wifi com for honda is based off the HRC tool. Same with Yamaha's wifi is based off the GYTR tool.

We are back in florida this morning, a local honda dealer is giving us a bike to use for tomorrow Tuesday Aug 8th. We will shoot a video here at the shop. I will explain as much as I can from hooking it up to doing mapping. We tried to do a video at Loretta's, but it isn't as easy as you may think to just go ask someone to plug into there race bike at the biggest race of the year. We did have a good number of hondas racing lorettas with the Wifi com. as well as a number of bikes using the GET power ECU and the EVO ECU.

I'm here now to answer any and all questions you may have. Email is Dtruman@athenausa.org office number is 941-896-7903 cell number is 941-448-0650

We always give the best suuport we can. In this case it was impossible without service at Loretta's.

Below I can share with you a quick email from the guy who is in charge of product development at Honda. Also No one ever said you were dumb as one of you stated. Just that it does hook up to the 2017 very easy.

Hi Bill,

Just wanted to touch base with you and see if you had a chance to test the wifi com? Also if you were able to see if it worked on other models like the 2018 250f. I understand if you can not answer the last question until a later date.

Thanks

Dan Truman

GET Brand Manager - USA

Tel: 1-844-447-0377

Mob: 1-941-448-0650

Dan,

I've tried it and I'm impressed with the ease of use.

I can discuss if/how it works on another certain bike with you at Loretta's.

Honda is holding a dinner on Sunday night at the main stage, let me know if you would like to attend.

Bill Weppner

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

1919 Torrance Blvd.

Torrance, CA 90501

Bill tested it on the 2017 Honda 450.

Again I understand some of you are upset, but I think the video will help answer a lot of your questions.

Also so you understand the differences in the ECU's

The Orange Get power ecu that comes with wifi com

Is made for a stock engine with just a exhaust pipe. Not a mod engine.

You can make changes to this ecu but the GET wifi com for the GET ecu is limited on what you can change. When you make a change such as add 2% inj it does it over the whole map. Not like the Honda one where you can adjust different RPM and Throttle position.

Retail: $600

The Evo complete ECU is what the race teams use. You get the ECU, 2 maps, wifi com, map switch, and Launch control GPA (traction control)

This is then tuned on a laptop with our Maya Software. You can get the Evo software which works for most and you can tune a number or tables. Or the advance software which is what JGR, Yamaha and other teams use. This allows you to create maps from scratch, run 2nd injectors, work on crank table just about anything.

Retail: $1000

We also offer the EVO ECU as a basic which is just the ECU and map switch and you can add on the other stuff later if you would like. (Same ECU and tuning as the complete)

Retail : $800

Then we offer for the Honda the Wifi com tuner to tune the Stock OEM ECU. With the same parameters as the HRC tool.

Retail: $300

It just depends on what your looking for and how much money you want to spend. Overall you get more out of a ECU or tuning your ecu then you would for a exhaust pipe which cost just as much or more.

Again sorry for the bad instructions, and the issues you are having. i will talk with you guys tomorrow after we shoot the video. Here are a few older GET Videos that Transmoto did. And a write up Keefer testing did on EVO ECU on the new honda..

https://www.keeferinctesting.com/offroad-testing/2017/6/9/get-gp1rx1-evo-ecu

2 hours ago, DT101 said:

Hi Guys,

My name is Dan Truman I work for Athena / GET. Most of you hate me and yet you have never even met me. I read the 10 pages, I understand some of you are upset with the GET wifi Com. I also can tell that some of you don't know anything about the GET product and are very quick to bad mouth it.

This forum started the same time we left for Loretta Lynn's anyone who has ever been there knows there is no service, not for phones or internet. We even bought the wifi package they offer and it didn't work. This is noones fault, and I understand you want answers right away. If you bought the product from parts unlimited have your rep contact me and we will approve a refund if the product is still new. I spoke to a few of you who post on here by email or by phone and yes I agree the instructions are not the best. They were already getting redone before this forum started and hope to have new ones soon.

Here is some other info.

This product was developed with the GET engineers and HRC engineers in Japan years ago. This is not something just GET came up with, you have to have the OEM approval on things like this. Working with the OEM things take time. There are alot of things that have to happen. This is not something we came up with when Yamaha released their new bike. As many of you know we work VERY close with Yamaha both in US with Chad Reed, Cooper Webb and Europe with the Factory Yamaha race team for MX1 and MX2. This GET wifi com for honda is based off the HRC tool. Same with Yamaha's wifi is based off the GYTR tool.

We are back in florida this morning, a local honda dealer is giving us a bike to use for tomorrow Tuesday Aug 8th. We will shoot a video here at the shop. I will explain as much as I can from hooking it up to doing mapping. We tried to do a video at Loretta's, but it isn't as easy as you may think to just go ask someone to plug into there race bike at the biggest race of the year. We did have a good number of hondas racing lorettas with the Wifi com. as well as a number of bikes using the GET power ECU and the EVO ECU.

I'm here now to answer any and all questions you may have. Email is Dtruman@athenausa.org office number is 941-896-7903 cell number is 941-448-0650

We always give the best suuport we can. In this case it was impossible without service at Loretta's.

Below I can share with you a quick email from the guy who is in charge of product development at Honda. Also No one ever said you were dumb as one of you stated. Just that it does hook up to the 2017 very easy.

Hi Bill,

Just wanted to touch base with you and see if you had a chance to test the wifi com? Also if you were able to see if it worked on other models like the 2018 250f. I understand if you can not answer the last question until a later date.

Thanks

Dan Truman

GET Brand Manager - USA

Dan,

Honda is holding a dinner on Sunday night at the main stage, let me know if you would like to attend.

Bill Weppner

1919 Torrance Blvd.

Torrance, CA 90501

Again I understand some of you are upset, but I think the video will help answer a lot of your questions.

You can make changes to this ecu but the GET wifi com for the GET ecu is limited on what you can change. When you make a change such as add 2% inj it does it over the whole map. Not like the Honda one where you can adjust different RPM and Throttle position.

The Evo complete ECU is what the race teams use. You get the ECU, 2 maps, wifi com, map switch, and Launch control GPA (traction control)

This is then tuned on a laptop with our Maya Software. You can get the Evo software which works for most and you can tune a number or tables. Or the advance software which is what JGR, Yamaha and other teams use. This allows you to create maps from scratch, run 2nd injectors, work on crank table just about anything.

We also offer the EVO ECU as a basic which is just the ECU and map switch and you can add on the other stuff later if you would like. (Same ECU and tuning as the complete)

Then we offer for the Honda the Wifi com tuner to tune the Stock OEM ECU. With the same parameters as the HRC tool.

It just depends on what your looking for and how much money you want to spend. Overall you get more out of a ECU or tuning your ecu then you would for a exhaust pipe which cost just as much or more.

Again sorry for the bad instructions, and the issues you are having. i will talk with you guys tomorrow after we shoot the video. Here are a few older GET Videos that Transmoto did. And a write up Keefer testing did on EVO ECU on the new honda..

https://www.keeferinctesting.com/offroad-testing/2017/6/9/get-gp1rx1-evo-ecu

I appreciate the refund that is the right thing to do. As for this:

"  Most of you hate me and yet you have never even met me. I read the 10 pages, I understand some of you are upset with the GET wifi Com. I also can tell that ***some of you don't know anything about the GET product *** and are very quick to bad mouth it."  *** RUDE***

Dan you are very defensive I was patient with you and you didn't and still have not followed through! The videos above are old and do not show a 2017 model. I do not understand how you can be so defensive when you still have not done what you said on two separate occasions. Maybe if you did what you said you were going to do people wouldn't trash GET its really sucks for everyone. In my case the unit didn't power up I asked you about it on the phone. If it was so simple and easy why couldn't you explain it instead of making me wait for a video that still doesn't exist??? I think because you don't know what you are talking about but keep running your mouth. Try losing the attitude and helping GET's customers or find a new line of work.     

• Like 4

Hi Guys,

Here is some other info.

Hi Bill,

Thanks

Dan Truman

GET Brand Manager - USA

Dan,

Bill Weppner

1919 Torrance Blvd.

Torrance, CA 90501

Well didn't that all sound like a lot of bullshit,

Seems rather odd that American honda can make it work yet the public can't, and what's the point of putting up videos of earlier model crf being hooked up, I know it works on them as I tried it at the local honda shop but yet it won't work on a 17 model, so who is being conned, the customer again

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Floyd A said:

I appreciate the refund that is the right thing to do. As for this:

"  Most of you hate me and yet you have never even met me. I read the 10 pages, I understand some of you are upset with the GET wifi Com. I also can tell that ***some of you don't know anything about the GET product *** and are very quick to bad mouth it."  *** RUDE***

Dan you are very defensive I was patient with you and you didn't and still have not followed through! The videos above are old and do not show a 2017 model. I do not understand how you can be so defensive when you still have not done what you said on two separate occasions. Maybe if you did what you said you were going to do people wouldn't trash GET its really sucks for everyone. In my case the unit didn't power up I asked you about it on the phone. If it was so simple and easy why couldn't you explain it instead of making me wait for a video that still doesn't exist??? I think because you don't know what you are talking about but keep running your mouth. Try losing the attitude and helping GET's customers or find a new line of work.     

Take it how you want, but me saying that "some of you don't know anything about the GET Product and are very quick to bad mouth it" was a fact right? Non of the post I seen anyone had ever worked with GET. Im not saying any of you are wrong for being upset. I wasn't directing anything to you direct either. But the product works fine. I called you back when I had a little bit of service at loretta's to try and help you. I wasn't able to at that time all you said was your lights weren't coming on. How do i answer that? Did you plug them in right? Did you start the bike? There aren't many things to trouble shoot without me sounding like you don't know what your doing which i wasn't trying todo. We dont have every bike just sitting around to shoot videos with. Honda said they would get a bike for us to shoot and that didn't happen.I can't make someone let me use there race bike to shoot a video at a race. I dont know what else to tell you. There are 2 plugs you plug them in and start the bike. Once the lights come on you make changes. i will show you this in the video. The complaints of bikes overheating and in your case the lights not turning on. That is something we havnt heard before. Sometimes there is a update for the app which take 25-30 secs this would only be the first time hooking it up. Without having a bike here (I got it late this afternoon) I cant test these things. such as the lights not coming on. If your lights never came on maybe you have a bad unit? Its a electroinc and possible. Your more then welcome to send it back and we will test it. If something is wrong we will replace it.

Im not trying to be defensive here, but if you were out of town and someone is trying to get you to sell a house for them and you werent able to answer then they go online and start saying things about the company you work for it's a little hard to not come off as a little defensive. We have sold a number of these units without issue (Yes many could have went to older bikes) but I can confirm it works fine on the 2017. I have 2 voice mails from you and 2 emails from you. I couldnt even load the pictures you sent until this morning. I'm only one person and can only do so much in a day. If i bought a $300 product and it didn't work to my liking i would be upset also. But all we can do is try to help you understand the product better. Many people disagree with you and like the product. Ask anyone in the paddock at a US national or a MXGP we make a quality product. You will never be able to make everyone happy we know that. People love FMF people hate FMF same with every company in the sport.  

Im not on here to argue with you. I will try and help all of you. I shot this video on a iphone just now in the warehouse just to show you that it does work on a 2017. Im working on getting a real video made that we can then put on the website better explaining install and mapping. Step one was getting a bike today.

You can send yours back to us and we will test it if you can't get it working.

Your right i dont have any idea what i'm talking about you got me. Today was my first day.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shawn_Mc said:

Ok, as the Moderator of this forum, I'm going to lay out a general warning: There is going to be a lot more respect given toward DT101. He didn't have to come in here and suffer these slings and arrows, but he did. I monitor this thread. Which means I'm watching. Do not make me bring the pain.

I was just responding but I'm done it's actually out of character for me. If you read all my previous post concerning DT101 I had high hopes. Returned mine as I believe it was defective and have been approved for a refund. I love TT and don't think any of came here with the intent of bashing GET. As I said a few times before this thread got way off course and I hope we can start discussing mappings again. If DT101 would like to discuss the GET product any further I ask he please start a new thread to answer any questions concerning that product. I am sure the same people complaining will check it out. 

Shawn_Mc I hope you interjecting will get this thread back on track for its original intention. Thanks!!! 

2 hours ago, georgee said:

Why. wont they work on a crf450rx model

I have not put it on a RX myself. I have sent a email to Honda to see if they can confirm it works and send me a video. (They told me it did) but I have yet to have any proof. Getting ahold of a RX around here has been harder than I thought. I will keep trying.

For any of you that have a 2017 CRF 450r and looking for a little better mapping. The 2018 mapping is a lot better overall mapping. You can load that into your 2017. Also if you can get the RX engine hangers and put them on the R it helps a lot with the bike. The 2018 R comes with the 2017 RX engine hangers.

I have not put it on a RX myself. I have sent a email to Honda to see if they can confirm it works and send me a video. (They told me it did) but I have yet to have any proof. Getting ahold of a RX around here has been harder than I thought. I will keep trying.
For any of you that have a 2017 CRF 450r and looking for a little better mapping. The 2018 mapping is a lot better overall mapping. You can load that into your 2017. Also if you can get the RX engine hangers and put them on the R it helps a lot with the bike. The 2018 R comes with the 2017 RX engine hangers.

I have tried numerous times to hook up with my rx but it keeps coming up with incompatible model, I have returned GET wifi to dealer, the people they get it from say no returns, that's why I'm disappointed with the GET product . Any answers to help would be great,

15 minutes ago, georgee said:

I have tried numerous times to hook up with my rx but it keeps coming up with incompatible model, I have returned GET wifi to dealer, the people they get it from say no returns, that's why I'm disappointed with the GET product . Any answers to help would be great,

Who did you buy it from? Does there listing say it fits the RX? I will get back to you as soon as I hear from Honda or I get a bike which ever happens first. 

• Like 1