Can I fix this bent rim?

Hello everyone,

I bought this crf80 for cheap awhile ago and finally today I got around to taking off the front tire to replace when noticed that it had some wobble when I gave it a spin. When I looked closer I found that there were 3 spots that looks like someone had hit a rock or something and its bent in 2 on one side and 1 on the other all in different spots, two are pretty minor and one I would say is major. 

I looked online and a new rim is $27 but I would have to respoke it and Im pretty sure I could do that however, I was wondering if I should maybe just bring it to a tire shop or something and have them fix it. Do you guys think that these dents would be fixable to get the wheel back to semi-normal and it not cost more than $30 or should I just buy the rim and do it myself?

Thanks

20170717_125933.jpg

20170717_125841.jpg

20170717_125810.jpg

Edited by Romper Stomper

Shop labor not make it cost effective to repair. If you cant do it yourself might be cheaper to keep an eye out for a second hand wheel in better shape. Really though a small bike like that you are not likely to notice it as long as the bead of the tire seats.

My local shop put my wheel in a press for free. Just beware that it can crack when they are pressing it.

• Like 1

Steel rim, won't crack if pressed. But that bend is not significant on a dirt bike that might see 45 mph. If the spokes are tight and the rim is pretty true, ride it. If it bugs you, new spokes and rim next winter.

• Like 4

Thanks guys I appreciate the responses, I definitely will just throw the new tire on it and call it a day. Im not really looking to spend more than I have to and you guys are right, I mean I never even noticed it when riding so its not like it was that bad. 

• Like 1