how to straighten handle bars

Hi

i flipped my drz on sunday and bent the handle bars down about 3/4 of an inch on the clutch side. They are Pro Taper with out the cross bar.

They look to be bent straight down. I was thinking to take the grip, clutch lever and headlight switch off and get a pipe over the bars and lift up and straighten them.

Does any one have a good idea to hold the bike down while i lift? Or a better way to straighten them. I have access to a hydraulic press but don't know how that would work as far as holding the bars in place at the right angle to bend them.

Thanks...............Nicko

Eh, if you really have to straighten the bars instead of replacing, you should really dismantle it from the bike before pressing it back.

I think the hydraulic press is a pretty good idea if you're proficient with it enough to not over press the bars flat after it's straightened out.

Thanks for the reply but the more I'm thought about it for $80.00 I just ordered new bars. 

Thanks.     Nicko

• Like 2

Good choice. Bars are cheap anyway, but they really have a huge impact on the bike's rideability.