18 gas gas msrp

It appears the EC 300 is just north of $9200 bucks, the XC is a few hundred less.  That puts them right next to the over-priced and over-rated ktm's.  I wouldn't have a problem with that otd, but after all the fee's are added that's simply too much IMHO.

Edited by motocrotts

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 8:33 AM, motocrotts said:

It appears the EC 300 is just north of $9200 bucks, the XC is a few hundred less.  That puts them right next to the over-priced and over-rated ktm's.  I wouldn't have a problem with that otd, but after all the fee's are added that's simply too much IMHO.

+1, too much IMO. I could get another Beta OTD for that amount.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2017 at 3:17 PM, jpbova said:

Get another beta for a grand less out the door. My buddy paid 8200 for his beta race and 7800 for his 250xc out the door

beta is worth about a grand less.  Shit build quality on the betas.  I have both a beta and a 18 gasgas.  Gladly paid the premium for the gasgas the build quality is outstanding.  There has not been 1 hiccup with my Gasgas.  Beta frame was welded incorrectly had to pay a machinist to get it right, thermostat leaked from Day 1, wiring harness chaffed and split within the first hundred miles, low fuel light is on all the time, and the list goes on and on.  I've now fixed all my beta issues and the bike is stellar, but about 1000 bucks into it with fixes.  Makes it actually more than my gasgas.  

Edited by markwoodlief
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:19 AM, markwoodlief said:

beta is worth about a grand less.  Shit build quality on the betas.  I have both a beta and a 18 gasgas.  Gladly paid the premium for the gasgas the build quality is outstanding.  There has not been 1 hiccup with my Gasgas.  Beta frame was welded incorrectly had to pay a machinist to get it right, thermostat leaked from Day 1, wiring harness chaffed and split within the first hundred miles, low fuel light is on all the time, and the list goes on and on.  I've now fixed all my beta issues and the bike is stellar, but about 1000 bucks into it with fixes.  Makes it actually more than my gasgas.  

So I still stand behind my initial statement between GG and Beta.  But the more I add it up, the more it's not working out.  I believe the gg to be far superior than my beta without a doubt.  BUT.. when it comes to pinching pennies, this isn't the bike that gets you there.  

I love my GG, but stuff like no tools included with the bike and no spark arrestor on the EC model is making my nice shiny new GasGas look way less attractive.  I rode my Beta yesterday since I got 'caught' with my ec in the woods with no spark arrestor.  Apparently I have to buy a brand new pipe before I can even ride my ec in the woods.  What gets me about this, is that I bought the EC not the XC.  The xc being a closed course competition bike, ec being the woods bike, but they ship with a non spark arrested pipe, so before you can even use the bike in the woods you must buy a new pipe.  Ok, so a few hundred, but wait I just spent almost 10k on my bike that was meant for the woods.. Doesn't add up and I'm starting to get more frustrated. :(.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2017 at 2:57 PM, YHGEORGE said:

Any '18's on the floor yet? Any LA or MS dealers?

Yes, they are at dealers. The social media you tend to claim as non-existent seems to give an update on new dealers and inventory almost daily. They post on Twitter and Facebook. Probably others but no smoke signals, carrier pigeons or Pony Express like you are accustomed. 

Saw three at AIM Expo today. One at GasGas and two others with aftermarket companies. Very nice bikes and fit and finish much nicer than my 2013. And they have a kickstarter....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

Ok, got half the answer. I don't do twitter or facebook and won't. And no where did/have I mentioned either. ?

Dear God man!

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/us/dealers/223-united-states/3649-missouri.html

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/us/dealers.html

Less than a minute!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YHGEORGE said:

Ok, got half the answer. I don't do twitter or facebook and won't. And no where did/have I mentioned either. ?

No, just preaching "basic, intelligent marketing" yet appears two decades behind and completely unaware how marketing is done in 2017. Good work!

Do we have to find a local dealer for you or are you just going to wait for the 2018 edition yellow pages to hit your step? The bike is so nice I'm even willing to help. Finding a bank willing to give you 30 year financing is on you.??