well balance with tubeless & weight

i have 2017 ktm 500 whit tubeless kit . i need to balance those and need to know if someone know the weight needed on front and rear . 

Whit the right knowledge you can balance anything

Unless you are riding at high speeds, there is no need to balance wheels.  There is absolutely no possible way someone can tell you how much weight will be needed.  Entirely depends on how everything is installed.  You will need a static balancing rig.

I static balance my dual sport wheels.  It makes a big difference.  I put the wheel on my truing jig, and whatever side gravity takes to the bottom, I add weights to the opposite side.  You can rotate 90deg to have the weights and the heavy spot on each side at 3 and 9 o-clock and add/remove weights till it is balanced.

For the weights I just ordered a bunch of spoke weights of various sizes from RMATVMC.

16 hours ago, cisco 1 said:

i have 2017 ktm 500 whit tubeless kit . i need to balance those and need to know if someone know the weight needed on front and rear . 

I rebalance every tire change and the weight is never the same, but with tubes and rimlocks its generally 3oz+ on the front and 4 oz+ on the rear.

When I bought my bike, The dealer put about 2 oz on front and rear, it was still bad over 50 mph, and unridable at 80mph.

Best to get a balance stand, and if you use sticky weights , they need to be duct taped. heat and dirt and jumping will have them flying off otherwise.

Edited by Spud786

i was trying to have a approximate weight because i change 3 to 4 tire a year and don't want to balance every time .  usually i decide changing tire the night before depending on weather and if it a challenging ride or not .

i did try 2,5 oz rear and 2 oz front . not to bad . i will try balancing the rim and tubilless with no tire on it next tire change . 

sometime we ride trail till 8-9 pm and it back home on pavement . vibration on high speed make my but and hand tingle badly lol .   i don't run DOT tire and police hare not strict about it here and my ktm it plated  .   

Both front and rear wheels with single rim locks or with Tubliss require balancing if you ride at 45+ mph.  A wheel balancer works best however even without a dedicated wheel balancer wheels can be balanced close enough with the axle through the hub of the unmounted wheel on a pair of jack stands. 

• Like 1

I bought 2 2oz fishing sinkers, drilled a hole vertically through same diameter as the spoke.  Split and wrapped around the spokes opposite the rim lock. Added a wrap of .032 safety wire.  Works great, doesn't fly off, been on there for years.

6 minutes ago, UH1H said:

I bought 2 2oz fishing sinkers, drilled a hole vertically through same diameter as the spoke.  Split and wrapped around the spokes opposite the rim lock. Added a wrap of .032 safety wire.  Works great, doesn't fly off, been on there for years.

Im trying to picture this, that sounds like a pretty good idea, as I go through a lot of sticky weights. would luv two cut down on those.

25 minutes ago, Spud786 said:

Im trying to picture this, that sounds like a pretty good idea, as I go through a lot of sticky weights. would luv two cut down on those.

20170719_212453.jpg

• Like 2

On my 17 without tubliss I used 150gm ( around 5oz ? ) on the front. Have not done the rear yet.

I balanced my wheels and put like 14  1/4oz stick on weights on each wheel.  It may look ugly, but Im not looking to impress any dudes.  If you run tubless why dont you run dyna beads or ride on slime?  If you are self-conscious about the looks of wheel weights then go that route

Neither Dyna Beads nor Slime could even come close to counterbalancing wheels that are 3-5 ozs out of balance.

• Like 1