1 1/8 Fat Bars

I am wanting to put some Renthal Fatbars on. Will my stock throttle fit? Do standard 7/8 hand controls fit on the 1 1/8 (i.e. are the bars tapered at the end to 7/8) or do I need a new throttle tube, etc?

On 7/17/2017 at 9:28 PM, Kompact said:

I am wanting to put some Renthal Fatbars on. Will my stock throttle fit? Do standard 7/8 hand controls fit on the 1 1/8 (i.e. are the bars tapered at the end to 7/8) or do I need a new throttle tube, etc?

Everything will fit just fine ... :thumbsup:   and like Betopro said you will need some type of risers or adaptors.  

I like the Rox risers because they pivot and extra adjustability is a good thing as you can position the bars further forawrd if so desired. Also, the Rox's will give you the needed room to add a Scotts damper ... :ride:  I love that thing ... :wub:  

IMG_20130413_131606.jpg

1394304755700.jpg

post-327736-0-47975100-1365881078_thumb.jpgpost-327736-13943047636551_thumb.jpg

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2

What about cable lengths? Did you guys need to get longer cables due to the increased height?

2 hours ago, gwool said:

What about cable lengths? Did you guys need to get longer cables due to the increased height?

They fit just fine .... throttle cable may need some help. On mine with Carmicheal bend bars and 2 inch Rox risers all I had to do was pull the cable from the guide on the frame. Not even sure I had to do that it just felt a little to snug for my liking. But, I think my setup is only about 1 inch in total rise. I do know that people use 2 inch Rox with the KX High bend bars and the cables still fit. 

• Like 2

Got the Rox risers on my shopping list. I have been hesitating though because I am not sure if what I want to do will work with the 3" Rox or if I'll have to get the 2". I currently have 2" risers (Not Rox) and all my cable lengths are fine.

Next mod is the Clake One Light Clutch and I need to talk to them about cable lengths to ensure everything will fit if I go with 3" risers. I also want the Motion Pro Rev 2 throttle assembly and am having a hard time determining if the cable lengths will accommodate the 3" risers.

063594.jpg.571f80400f0a62e607c273c2251cc119.jpgOLC-1-600x600.jpg.c9b22e19a637fb5fee252c32beb75d58.jpg

The Scotts Damper is on the shopping list as well, just wish it wasn't so bloody expensive.

Thanks for the info on the cable lengths. I'd like to add a Pro Taper 1 1/8 bar at some point, but I was worried about cable length.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gwool said:

Thanks for the info on the cable lengths. I'd like to add a Pro Taper 1 1/8 bar at some point, but I was worried about cable length.

tumblr_npq1mz6Y0s1sx7tl2o1_500.gif                             Be Happy .........   :goofy: 

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

I ordered the Scotts damper. They called me today to let me know they didn't have a kit setup for my hardware. They said they just had the setup for the stock bars but nothing for 2" Rox risers and to have it mounted under the bar instead of over.

What exactly did you buy from them gnath? I told buddy on the phone I'd check with you to see what you did and get back to him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kompact said:

What exactly did you buy from them gnath? I told buddy on the phone I'd check with you to see what you did and get back to him.

You do not want the kit the "Scotts" put together for the CRF250L 

You want to ask for Steve and then tell him you want what the thumpertalk guys did and also decide the direction you want it mounted ... mine is forward ... headbanger02"s is reversed. It was basically me that came up with this and headbanger02 was the first to get it installed. You can read the whole thread to gain a better idea and see the universal mounting hardware we got from Scotts to do this.  I also made a little video from headbangers pictures I posted in that thread .... :thumbsup:  It is a real simple and easy process once you understand whats going on. 

Steve knows all about the damper thread as I used it to show him what we wanted  ... :prof: 

This is Headbanger02 setup ... 

DSCN6530.JPG

DSCN6465.JPG

and of course this is mine ... I like it in the forward position as the knobs are more in front of the bar and not directly under it. Mine is very quick and easy to adjust one handed on the fly

post-327736-13943046656973.jpg

1394304804218.jpg

basically to sub mount under your bars with Rox 2 inch risers ...  all you need is what is in this pic .... 

DSCN6509.JPG

the first row across in this pic is the universal mounting bracket .... 

Screenshot_2013-05-11-19-28-46.png

I even got an ornament for my Christmas tree ...  :goofy:

1237lg.jpg&key=9c2f2d479a7219caab30245c6

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1

Thanks for the detailed info Gary. The guy I spoke with did mention that Steve was the guy in the know about this particular setup but he had a bad accident 6 months ago and is essentially no longer with the company.

I'll email him your pic and just tell him to send me that, I also want the tree decoration!

post-365047-0-46707300-1384880104.jpg.824da8aa1e5d17b133bdd4a8e9b3f8ff.jpg

Don't suppose you made a how to install vid did you? I've become a great Youtube mechanic if I have something to follow along with.

34 minutes ago, Kompact said:

Don't suppose you made a how to install vid did you?

I can not post youtube links from work but it is in that thread ... headbanger did a good picture story on the install and I made a fun video out of them. 

All you need from Scotts is the universal base plate part number uni-24 and the top plate uni-16 and it should come with screws and a roll pin and drill bit. Then you need to order the collar for the CRF250L and the tower pin. I am not sure if measurments for the pin are in the thread or not. Maybe Steve had notes ? The arm will come with the damper but if you want to install like headbangers in the reversed position you will need to request the reversed arm from Scotts.  

I think thats is about it .... :cheers:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kompact said:

Thanks for the detailed info Gary

Oh .... almost forgot to mention the if you want that large knob I have on mine for easy on the fly adjustment  ... you need to order that as well.... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, Kompact said:

Thanks for the detailed info Gary. The guy I spoke with did mention that Steve was the guy in the know about this particular setup but he had a bad accident 6 months ago and is essentially no longer with the company.

I'll email him your pic and just tell him to send me that, I also want the tree decoration!

post-365047-0-46707300-1384880104.jpg.824da8aa1e5d17b133bdd4a8e9b3f8ff.jpg

Don't suppose you made a how to install vid did you? I've become a great Youtube mechanic if I have something to follow along with.

Actually, Steve did not have the accident and is here just fine, thankfully.... The downside is the little jobber machine shop guy that makes the frame tower for this bike had a severe accident and we don't know if we will be able to get parts from him anymore. I don't think that is relative in this case however as I still have some in stock. Tree decorations are a thing of the past though! :)

• Like 1

I spoke to Steve on the phone today and turns out he is ok! I misheard who had the accident, I still demand a tree decoration though  :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Kompact said:

I still demand a tree decoration though

What's it worth to ya .... money talks my freind ... :goofy:   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Eric@ScottsPerformance said:

I don't think that is relative in this case however as I still have some in stock

thanks for posting ....  :thumbsup:  It's Great to see you here ...  :cheers: 

Scotts is a great company with fantastic customer service !!!   Steve went well above and beyond to help us in the early days of this bike. 

• Like 1

Steve was awesome when I spoke to him, I was actually really impressed by his customer service. I had his cell number and he said to call him personally if I needed any help with the install - who does that?!?!?!

• Like 1