Give it gas and she stalls

My sons bike started acting up tonight. It runs and idles fine but as soon as you give it gas it stalls. Any ideas?

Tap the bottom of the float bowl with a wrench and see if it temporarily fixes it. If so than your float is getting stuck, but either way rebuild the carb and it should be fine

• Like 2

We haven't taken it apart yet. My bikes are all FI and I've never rebuilt a carb. My son wants to open up his airbox and rejet anyway so he is trying to find out what jet kit to buy. I don't want to do this twice so we will just rebuild when he figures out what jets to get.

We contacted Dynojet but they said they don't have a jet kit for the KLX250S. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Jet kits are stupid. Just figure out what jets and needle are in it by taking it apart. Then figure out what you need, this forum can help. Then just buy the jets from jetsrus.com. All a kit is, is jets packaged nicely.

• Like 1

My sons kx did the same thing today ran fine then once you hit the throttle it stalls. Ended up being a lose spark plug.