100 hours on bike

Hello, I have a 2015 wr 250f with 100 hours on it, what are the main things to look for or adress at this time?

I have done all oil changes at 10 hrs, regular air filter cleaning, thats about it.

IT has the competition ecu mod. Done everything else is stock,

I mainly ride baja desert and some technical single track.

Thanks for your inputs

How many times have you checked the valve lash in those 100 hours and, has it required re-shimming?

Aside from the engine

if it hasn't already been done, I'd guess the suspension is likely overdue

for new fork oil, seals and bushings, shock oil & nitrogen recharged.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

How many times have you checked the valve lash in those 100 hours and, has it required re-shimming?

Aside from the engine
if it hasn't already been done, I'd guess the suspension is likely overdue
for new fork oil, seals and bushings, shock oil & nitrogen recharged.

No valve check yet

Check the valves, it's easy. You don't need to take the gas tank all the way off, just unbolt it and rotate it backwards. 

They should be within spec. Just checked mine at 105 hrs. Intake was right in the middle of spec, exhaust was a little higher but still within spec. 

• Like 1

Do a leak down test.  That will also tell you the condition of the rings.  My hours are all race hours so I'd replace the piston at 100 hours no matter what...it's only 100-120 for all parts.  For play riding.  I don't know if I would.  Every yzf I've taken apart they look perfect.

3 hours ago, BIG_FAT_&_SLOW said:

Do a leak down test.  That will also tell you the condition of the rings.  My hours are all race hours so I'd replace the piston at 100 hours no matter what...it's only 100-120 for all parts.  For play riding.  I don't know if I would.  Every yzf I've taken apart they look perfect.

Sorry,  what is a leak down test?  how do I do it?

My ridding is pretty much easy on the bike, have never hit the rev limiter.

100 hrs I'd do the piston and rings regardless of leak down, valves(check), cam chain, Clean injector, clean throttle plate,grease and lube everything and you are over due for a suspension  service. These bikes are BOMB proof just sold a 2014 YZ250f with 280hrs on it still the original valves. 

MM

• Like 2

100 hrs I'd do the piston and rings regardless of leak down, valves(check), cam chain, Clean injector, clean throttle plate,grease and lube everything and you are over due for a suspension  service. These bikes are BOMB proof just sold a 2014 YZ250f with 280hrs on it still the original valves. 

MM

Holy shit 280 hrs... I was told to have my too end rebuilt with full valve job at 100 hours on my 16. Never checked my valves after 70 hours and still rips like day 1

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using ThumperTalk mobile app

I had to rebuild my 15 WR250F at 130 hours as the piston developed a hair line crack. The valves were perfect. I would put a piston in now which will give you another 100hrs trouble free riding. 

Check your valves and shim as needed, replace piston and camchain and ride again.