Radiator Braces

Alright guys so I've got a 15' KTM 450EXC, bent the radiators recently and in the market for braces, I purchased some force ones but cannot get the plastics to fit for the life of me without them cracking or breaking so I'm not gonna run them and have no interest in running them, what brands are strong braces, that fit mint on the bike and also fit well with the shroud plastics without scratching and breaking the plastics? Looking at the B&B ones atm, any info and advice would be great,

Cheers

I have the Bullet Proof Design guards, and I really like them.

http://www.bulletproofdesigns.com/KTM-RADIATOR-GUARDS-p/ktm-rg-08-std.htm

When I first installed them, I didn't think that they could work all that well, but I've been impressed with how well they've protected my radiators.  Fitup with the plastics was no issue.  I run the supplied rubber bands.  I actually think that these have helped save my plastics, since the plastics are no longer rigid mounted...

How do they go protecting from side impacts? I just replaced my radiator with new ones and I've already slightly bent my new one from a rearward side impact, the bullet proof design ones don't look like they would protect the rads from that?

These are the ones I've been looking at:
https://bboffroad.com.au/radiator-guard-ktm-multi-fit-mf-19.html

2 minutes ago, Connor Corrigan said:

How do they go protecting from side impacts? I just replaced my radiator with new ones and I've already slightly bent my new one from a rearward side impact, the bullet proof design ones don't look like they would protect the rads from that?

I thought that exact same thing when I bought mine.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but since they are made out of ONE piece of aluminum, those corners are VERY strong.  So, when you hit it in the middle, that edge doesn't want to bend, and it protects the radiator.

They work!!, coming from a skeptic!

• Like 1

I put some cheapo Chinese oversized rads on my bike. They are the best ebay part I've bought. They did need some "alignment" of tabs for plastics but the sidewalls are very thick. They have held up well through many drops on the track as well as a few track wrecks. They were GPI brand I believe, cost like $60! I also have the aluminum works connection braces to rear of plastic.

• Like 1

I was just about to reply re shroud fitment.

i had to remove some plastic where they sit against the frames. This was easy to do with an angle grinder with a flap wheel fitted and came out really neat. It's just something you have to do if you want to look after the rads.

mine is the Husaberg but I fitted KTM frames.