California Green Sticker Bike List

Hey TT Readers,

I've been working on a LIST of Green Sticker bikes for *California, I KNOW I haven't listed all the bike's, but I was trying to list the MID to FULL size bikes, IF you were looking for a list and wanted to buy a Green Sticker bike to ride ALL YEAR AROUND at your local OHV Park today I believe this list would help! Feel free to add or change, just copy & paste and insert a bike, note some bikes were only made 1 or few years, thanks

**4 STROKE GREEN STICKER *TRAIL* BIKES, sorry no oem dual sports listed...

2000-03 Honda XR650R

Up to 99 Honda XR600R

05-17 Honda CRF450X

Up to 03 Honda XR400R

04-17 HONDA CRF250X

Up to 07 Honda XR250R

Up to 2017 HONDA CRF230F

Up to 03 Honda XR200R

Up to 17 Honda CRF150F

Up to 17 Honda CRF125F

Up to 14 Honda CRF100F

Up to 03 Honda XR100R

96-07 KAWASAKI KLX300R

Up to 2017 Kawasaki KLX140

Up to 08 Kawasaki KLX250

Up to 08 Kawasaki KLX125

2011-17 KTM 350XCF-W

07-17 KTM 250XCF-W

01-07 SUZUKI DR-Z250

Up to 2017 Suzuki DR-Z125

97-17 Yamaha WR250F

Up to 17 YAMAHA TT-R230

Up to 04 Yamaha TTR225

Up to 08 Yamaha TTR125

**4 STROKE GREEN STICKER *MOTOCROSS* BIKE

2000-02 Yamaha YZ426F

1998-00 Yamaha YZ400F

2002 YAMAHA YZ250F

**2 STROKE GREEN STICKER *MOTOCROSS* BIKE

Up to 2001 Honda CR500R

Up to 02 HONDA CR125R & CR250R

Up to 02 Kawasaki KX500

Up to 02 KAWASAKI KX100

Up to 02 KTM 250 EXC, SX

Up to 02 KTM 125SX

Up to 02 SUZUKI RM250

Up to 02 Suzuki RM125

Up to 02 SUZUKI RM100

Up to 02 YAMAHA YZ125 & YZ250

1990 Yamaha WR500R

Up to 1989 Yamaha YZ490

* RED STICKER BIKES Check Here: http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/1234/files/2007 carb revised riding seasons.pdf

Edited by Mike Moto

Red sticker Green sticker? Both bikes can be ridden year round at every OHV park in CA as long as you have a spark arrester. Red sticker has not been enforced since  OHRV regulations were implemented for vehicles manufactured after January 1 1997. I have yet to see any ARB official at any OHV park. 

The other day at hungry valley, the park ranger told us not to unload my kids ktm 65 red sticker bike.

I saw no arb official but the ranger had a gun and a ticket book, and he looked like he wanted to use them. The lady at the gate, did the wire test and promptly said no red sticker bikes allowed. The ranger made sure to say it too. I noticed that the rangers like hanging out near the little kids mini track. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ballisticexchris said:

Red sticker Green sticker? Both bikes can be ridden year round at every OHV park in CA as long as you have a spark arrester. Red sticker has not been enforced since  OHRV regulations were implemented for vehicles manufactured after January 1 1997. I have yet to see any ARB official at any OHV park. 

California OHV parks such as Carnegie, Hollister, Gorman and other So Cal parks that operate under KOWLIFOWNIA strictly enforce the red/green sticker regulations. Said regs are a month earlier or later depending on the park. National forest areas such as Mendocino and others in the southland (you So cal dudes know which ones) allow red sticker bikes to ride year round.

Starting awhile back, the Kawlifownia rules have changed (as far as out of state bikes that would be Cal red sticker bikes go) all bikes regardless of which state they may be from have to conform to our Golden State's awesome CARB rules. Meaning only green sticker bikes ride in Cal OHV parks after May 31 or June 30 to Oct 1.

Red sticker enforcement in non-state managed OHV areas is a bit of a gray area.  It depends on the agency...  the ranger involved...   and his mood based on what he thinks about YOU.  Some don't have leo authority and can't cite you for state regs anyway.  

There is the rule in theory...  then what actually happens...  and then Chris's utopia...  :lol:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ballisticexchris said:

You are waaaay off base as usual.

You get turned away at the gate if you don't have a green sticker.....or a license plate.

That is why you see every serious two stroke rider with an Arizona or South Dakota plate. 

Oh, and anything before 2007 has junk forks compared to after, so what is the point to buying an old two stroke.....

Edited by THE KRAN

16 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

Oh, and anything before 2007 has junk forks compared to after, so what is the point to buying an old two stroke.....

Auh...dude...some of us do this to our bikes so we can keep up with the newer bikes :jawdrop:

My 01 AFCR5.jpg

1 hour ago, Mike Moto said:

Auh...dude...some of us do this to our bikes so we can keep up with the newer bikes :jawdrop:

My 01 AFCR5.jpg

Well, that has what appears to be KYB SSS forks on there,  so it doesn't count!

Besides, your 'valves' are full of holes and sound funny. 

The solution to the entire subject : plate anything...!

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?144432-Get-a-Street-Legal-Title-and-Plate-for-ANY-Bike!

Edited by THE KRAN

The last thing I want t do is plate MY dirt bike and give DMV more $$ and get bike insurance $$, so some idiot with no insurance can hit me and tell me: Oh I'm so sorry I didn't see you?

Dirt biking is dangerous enough without cars to worry about, just my 2 cents

19 hours ago, ballisticexchris said:

Not true.  Red Sticker is enforced at CA OHV parks.  At least sometimes it is.  I've been stopped.

22 minutes ago, Mike Moto said:

The last thing I want t do is plate MY dirt bike and give DMV more $$ and get bike insurance $$, so some idiot with no insurance can hit me and tell me: Oh I'm so sorry I didn't see you?

Dirt biking is dangerous enough without cars to worry about, just my 2 cents

You are misunderstanding. You plate it so you can ride it leagally in plated only or green sticker only locations.

...and why are you so angry ?

So, you are saying you don't insure your bikes for theft, fire, liability ?   That's going to bite you in the ass some day....

19 hours ago, ballisticexchris said:

Not sure where you got that info.

Prairie City checks at the gate.  I hate the place but my son likes taking his smoker there so I'll take my plated KTM on the track when I'm with him.

KRAN,

Years ago I plated my new stock 2000 CR5 and rode it everywhere and even had 3 sets of complete wheels for the different types of ridding I did, I put over 45k miles on it in 7 yrs and didn't like rebuilding it so often, so I did a complete tear down and went the AF route and can still ride all year in any OHV park or my buddies ranch, and very happy I don't have to look out for blind drivers on the road. As for my bikes their covered by my home owners insurance and good thing I have health insurance, I don't worry...so how bout that list of green sticker bikes! add to the list for others that are looking, copy/paste/insert a bike!

Edited by Mike Moto

http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?144432-Get-a-Street-Legal-Title-and-Plate-for-ANY-Bike!

Anybody really done this??? I have heard about it but never seen a sd plate on a dirt bike around NorCal...

Anybody really done this??? I have heard about it but never seen a sd plate on a dirt bike around NorCal...