SKF fork seal part number

Has anyone attempted to cross reference the SKF fork seals? I have saved some $$ in the past on street bike wheel bearings and seals by using the numbers on the parts and ordering through industrial vendors such as Grainger or MCS. I actually went to fully sealed vs only 1 side sealed. So if you have any numbers directly from the SKF seals please reply and we can try to save everyone a few bucks for less sticktion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Red800rider said:

Has anyone attempted to cross reference the SKF fork seals? I have saved some $$ in the past on street bike wheel bearings and seals by using the numbers on the parts and ordering through industrial vendors such as Grainger or MCS. I actually went to fully sealed vs only 1 side sealed. So if you have any numbers directly from the SKF seals please reply and we can try to save everyone a few bucks for less sticktion

You expect us to believe you SAVED money buying from Grainger?  What are you, Illuminati or something? :)

I love using 2RS seals on everything I own too, can't grasp the whole 1RS concept if used like a wheel bearing, no oil bath, just the grease which is contained inside the bearing, between the seals.  It's not like the grease which migrates out of the bearing into the hub area will eventually find it's way back into the bearing.  No, it is out of the equation, not gonna contribute to lubricating anything but your hand when you take the wheel off.

Edited by MetricMuscle

Lol. ...yes saved some over bike parts outlets..not a lot but upgraded to the fully sealed. So I think the SKF could be considerable savings away from the bike parts folks. I don't blame them for making a few extra bucks for the reaserch and shelf space. But IMO $60+ is kinda high for 2 seals.

• Like 1