Hi all,

i am entirely new to riding and am looking to buy my first bike. I have a friend who is planning on selling me a stock 2003 TTR 90 in good condition for $500. I don't know if this is a steal or not and I'm looking for some advice. I am also not sure if the bike would be big enough to use as a pit bike (I'm 5'10 and 140lbs). I hope I'm not leaving any important information out of this post. Thank you!

• Like 1

way too small for a pit bike and nothing to be learned on it as this is simply an automatic transmission on too small of a bike to learn any real skills.  At your height, i would look for a CRF150F (not the CRF150R or CRF150RB) or possibly a KLX140L, TT-R 125LE, DR-Z 125L at a minimum.

I'm never going to get the money for that. My plan was to buy the 90 for 500 right now and then sell it to my brother next summer and get a bigger bike using that money. Do you think it would be a better idea to just save up another 200 or so and try to get a bigger bike? I'm not looking to do much more than ride around in my back yard with it...

• Like 1

I would say for you to save up and get a crf150f                          I personally am starting out with a crf100f but I'm 5'8'' and 130 pounds so I think u should get a crf150f