Stripped my frame oil plug

Was attempting to change my oil for the first time today since buying my DRZ. I went to go crack my frame oil plug and the bolt just keeps turning and turning and turning. I'm pretty sure I stripped the socket. 

How screwed am I? and now much does this cost to fix? 

Stopped the socket? You mean the threads are stripped?

First you need to get the bolt out, then you need to drill tap and helicoil to repair those threads

• Like 1

If you are changing the oil for the first time then that would mean the previous owner would've have stripped it. You said you stripped the socket? If so, is the bolt really stripped or are you just using a bad tool?

Your not alone! An old riding buddy had the same thing happen. His step son decided to help him by changing his oil in the drz but didn't put the crush washer on the frame plug and the threads pulled.

He tried everything including welding a long rod the head of the bolt so he could pull down and turn to try to catch a thread and back it out. The final solution- if memory serves- was to take the lower hose and fitting off, cut the head off the bolt, retrieve the bolt with a magnet.

The rod might have been how he kept the bolt from turning while cutting. You will probably find that a few threads still remain and the bolt will still seal.