1983 xr200r Help me give this thing light

Hey guys new to Thumper Talk this forum is awesome from what I have seen so far. So my grandfather has a 1983 xr200r he bought brand new and has been through him and 2 grandsons so its a very strong and dependable bike. I have so many memories on this bike and it has sat in his woodshed for about 10 years until 2 weeks ago. I nudged him to lets get it out and get it to running again and we had to replace the rear tube and replace some spokes. After that I took it to my second job and have been working on it by myself to surprise him. I have cleaned it up and sprayed all the plastics with plasti dip(white). The headlight and tail light does not work and was very dim when I rode it years ago and this is where I need help. I wanted to replace the headlight and taillight with led stuff (bulbs or new headlight) due to the fact I would like to make it street legal just for around here but would be later. How and what parts do I need to replace the headlight and taillight because I don't know what led headlight will work or if it would be better to just put a led bulb in it. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated and if you could add parts numbers or links to the part that would be awesome. Thanks in advance, keep riding and stay safe. God bless.

The '83 used an unregulated ac lighting system.  The headlight/tail light combo was enough load to limit voltage. The 6v bulbs are not the best for sure.

I found a LED light that would run on ac power on ebay, I also used a trail tech ac regulator.