Crank question

Here we go again! Just picked up this beauty with a shattered piston and seized crank. Original owner had the cylinder sleeved and the top end ready to go but was stumped on the crank so he dumped the 05 kx100 for cheap and I couldn't say no. Has anyone ran an outlaw racing crank I can get one for $110. I put a Wiseco crank in my kx60 but was kinda disappointed with install but it's doing its job. I know you guys will say go oem but I am trying to save a few nickels going aftermarket.

Outlaw crank. $110

Wiseco. $160

Hot rods. $220

Oem. $350

IMG_1813.JPGIMG_1820.JPG

You oughta be able to put a Hot Rod in the OEM crank for less than $150 (including press work). That's what I just got finished doing on my KDX220.

• Like 2

The oem crank is toast,metal pieces from the shattered piston got lodged in the connecting rod. The prices shown are for the bottom end kit with all the oil seals and main bearings. I have a crank press so I am looking for quality at a reasonable price. I've seen and heard bad things about Wiseco and hot rods.

Never heard of outlaw give it a try see what happens.  I've put many oem, hotrods and weisco in that exact bike . Depends in who's riding it is now I look at it. If it's just a kid starting out or just slow rider then weisco hotrod be fine. If a expert super mini rider oem has to be used

6 hours ago, Four square T said:

I've seen and heard bad things about Wiseco and hot rods.

i have heard the wiseco horror stories , but never anything about a hot rods crank

My wife's gonna be learning on it and my boy will be graduating from the KX 60 to the KX 100 once he is tall enough in a couple of years. After my last build with Wiseco and the hassle I will go hot rods. I've never heard of outlaw either but they are on Amazon stating their better than OEM.

12 minutes ago, Four square T said:

My wife's gonna be learning on it and my boy will be graduating from the KX 60 to the KX 100 once he is tall enough in a couple of years. After my last build with Wiseco and the hassle I will go hot rods. I've never heard of outlaw either but they are on Amazon stating their better than OEM.

I've seen them all blown believe alot of it is how it's assembled and maintained after.  Also seeing how you do it yourself no need to spend fourtune on oem parts separately.hotrods will be good :thumbsup: last two ktms I did were wrench rabbit kits . I'd get one without tranny bearings tho waste of money imo unless needed ofcourse 

Edited by Motox367