I win!!!!!

Inspection plug from the left side of a DRZ case.  Been there.  Dremel'd that...lol...  I coat those threads (and the o-ring) LIBERALLY with grease now when I put them back in.

I've had a few extractions go sideways, but that one takes the prize!

Had to do the same to mine. Next time i need to set the timing I will just bang the rear wheel with it in gear.

• Like 1

Can't believe your not going to share the process of surgical transformation. 

Easiest way to remove these plugs is to drill 2 small holes and use a pin spanner

As always the inspection plug was jammed solid but I managed to get it out with a center punch and big club hammer. 

I remember I had the exact same thing happen to my old gsxr where the plug was jammed in solid and I couldnt even get it out with a hammer and punch. In the end I had to take the hole crank case cover off and get the plug out with a pin spanner.

So i thought I'd save my self a bit of money and do the same mod to my DRZ plug.

Started by drilling two 4mm holes the same distance apart as a pin spanner.

plug_01.jpg

Next I ground the end of a 4.5mm drill bit flat and re-drilled the holes so they had a flat bottom. 

plug_03.jpg

Doing this means the pin spanner can go in further. 

plug_02.jpg

you only need to go a couple of mm deep with the holes as you dont want to risk going right through.

plug_04.jpg

after that I filled the gouges made by the center punch and gave it all a light sand.

plug_05.jpg

and then a few coats of high temp engine paint and its all done.

plug_06.jpg

Using a pin spanner is much more effective than an allen wrench on these plugs as they are made from soft aluminium.

I also much prefer using this method over a center punch and hammer as its a bit crude for my liking.

I recommend this little mod to every one with an OEM plug, its easy to do and will save a lot of stress in the future :)

• Like 5

nah just did it by eye. It's so soft you can drill dead slow and just take a bit at a time.

You sure that front brake line isn't in a bind at full extension? Did that suzy start out as the motard version?

You sure that front brake line isn't in a bind at full extension? Did that suzy start out as the motard version?

Yes and yes. The line is a bike specific Gafler unit mounted and routed as the stock unit.

The bike has been a motard since I rode her home from the dealer back in 06. I have since added the super part.

• Like 2

Got a link for that mod? I've been thinking about adding a little "super" but all I can find on Amazon is a wide variety of mediocre..... Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using ThumperTalk mobile app

Only link I could give you is to this forum. There's no shortage of ideas on things to buy posted over the past 17 years.

You have to add the super part yourself.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

Only link I could give you is to this forum. There's no shortage of ideas on things to buy posted over the past 17 years.

You have to add the super part yourself.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Damn! I was hoping it was like adding a red powerband. Lol, that's ok, my drz thinks it's a 300rr anyway. I don't wanna tell it that it's not super.

Sent from my SM-G930V using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 2