New bike and first KTM. I remember reading there is a fitting issue with some Cycra pro bend clamps of course I can't find the tread. Does the U bend clamps work? I use them on all my other bikes, or what are you guys using. 

IMG_4036.JPG

Edited by stevethe
  • Like 6

I've got the Cycra CMR on my 17 with no fit issue but I have enough bar riser that it doesn't interfere with the headlight plastic.  If you go digging you'll find a thread where someone had to cut some plastic to make the CMR work.

I was told that the pro doesn't work with KTMs, although never confirmed and not sure why it wouldn't work.

One thing you might have to consider is the guards covering the key.  If that is the case you can order the key bracket from a 16 and relocate it.

Good looking bike.

• Like 2

So what's the latest with the whole ecu mapping cluster?

3 minutes ago, stevethe said:

Get the Vortex. 

Yes hunny it's a 12k dirt bike otd but I need to spend another 1k to get it to run right. :bonk: 

until thats all worked out i will will stick with my 16.

• Like 2

Just now, Engstrom said:

Yes hunny it's a 12k dirt bike otd but I need to spend another 1k to get it to run right. :bonk: 

until thats all worked out i will will stick with my 16.

Hum who says the 16's run any better. 

51 minutes ago, stevethe said:

Hum who says the 16's run any better. 

they don't but my understanding is that EVERYTHING going forward cant be reflashed. 16's or 18's or whatever

That's correct, no mo reflashing.  Those tires should help you get up Impossible:lol:

Edited by KennyMc
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, stevethe said:

New bike and first KTM. I remember reading there is a fitting issue with some Cycra pro bend clamps of course I can't find the tread. Does the U bend clamps work? I use them on all my other bikes, or what are you guys using. 

IMG_4036.JPG

Talk to 909 and see what he is running.  I think he has the BRP handguard mounts

BRP Handguard Mounts.jpg

• Like 1

I hope you enjoy that ride mine is a blast '17 purchased from same place as yours.

• Like 2

I made that post with the Cycras and the Ubend is recommended but they also have the handlebar clamp mount also.  But then you still might run issues with the ignition key.  Acerbis makes good stuff and you dont have to buy a seperate u-clamp mount.  When I had my 690 duke I put those on and it worked really well

Edited by vizcarmb

How much did you pay OTD? Three bros is great! I bought my new 14 500!EXC there. Thinking of going to the 18

It's funny that the first thing everyone seems to want to do is get a vortex ecu or get a different map installed.  I've got a 17 I just bought 2 months ago and it runs fine. Enough power to stand the front end up in 4th gear with a little tug. This evening I took it up to 80 before I backed off. Was still accelerating ferociously at that speed with 13/45 gearing. All I have done is raise the idle a tad. I believe that also raises the tps a little on the 17s. I guess I'm the only one not to get a lemon off the showroom floor. I'm sure it would probably run a little better and a little cooler if richened up a bit but make no mistake, these bikes are not" dangerously lean"  from the factory as many like to repeat. I actually have never even heard of a engine failure on any stock bike from a lean condition. For a 4 stroke engine to be dangerously lean, to the point of seizure,  it would run so bad it would literally be unrideable.

• Like 1

The 17's are leaner than the previous era, so lean they had to plug them up more in addition, including dropping the gearing down so that it didn't get noticed as much.

The 17 stock 500 produces about 45 horse, previous era about 47 horse,  both bikes unleashed are over 50 Horse.

Your stock 17 with 13/45 gearing produces a 4 th gear pull with a tug.  put 15/46 gearing on it and try the same thing , not a chance.

Heard anything about the '19's? KIDDING!!!! Dang, 18's already out and in the hands of owners.... looking forward to reports. Greesh, time flies. Congrats to the OP!

• Like 2