"new" EO big bore

so I recently just sold my 150 with FULL EO 225 kit- carb, intake, motor kit, and exhaust- and it was awesome, over 4seasons I had zero problems with the full kit and NO DNFs due to mechanical issues..it was great power at 18.5hp (according to his dyno chart) but was pricy! I see his "new" kit he is advertising as around 17ish HP for half the price AND STILL 150class legal..i am naturally very interested and want to start another build to try this kit out but was wondering if anyone has tried this yet and results with it being so "new".....he is hard to converse with and ask questions so I turn to my TT fam once again...any help, advise or money is appreciated  (HAHAHA)....ride on from illinois

-CReffed0421

I had same problem talking to them with me gear head questions.Not to say he is not a good guy,but over 600$ for 250cc is just over my limit. So I went another route while Terry Miller is good guy to answer questions.

• Like 1

yes the 225 is pricey but it performed great.. that's why im interested in new kit for half the price but not sacrificing much in way of hp    17hp for 300  or almost 19 for 600....what kit did u decide to go with and where can I find some info?

4 hours ago, CReffed0421 said:

...he is hard to converse with and ask questions...

I have spent a lot of time speaking with Frank and I have always found him easy to talk with and very helpful.  Though his answers can be short at times he always elaborates if asked.

Frank's stuff may be pricey but his products and services are top notch.

• Like 3

Just now, VortecCPI said:

I have spent a lot of time speaking with Frank and I have always found him easy to talk with and very helpful.  Though his answers can be short at times he always elaborates if asked.

Frank's stuff may be pricey but his products and services are top notch.

i agree on the products being top notch but over the last 5 years of communications (mostly emails and a call or 2) they have been all very short, often 1 or 2 words....i have had more questions answered and help figuring out through thumper talk than franks e mails...his products are great but hard getting specific answers to specific questions about pricey equipment, most lately my carb questions...hence why i asked TT about the new kit..

I am sure the "new" kit implies it is for the newer 150cc engine platform.

Guessing since the 150cc race legal kit is good for two less HP than the 225cc kit, it possibly includes extensive port work, a cam, more compression, etc.

especially if limited to 150-155 cc

Maybe that class allows more cc because of being a 2 valve?

The 225cc kit only includes a piston assembly , cylinder assembly and gaskets.

The machinist that I use has built the cylinders that are included with the 225cc bolt on kits for Frank.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, VortecCPI said:

I am sure the "new" kit implies it is for the newer 150cc engine platform.

the kit is for 06-15 electric start only so its not for "new" engines

Edited by CReffed0421
corrections

34 minutes ago, adnohguy said:

Guessing since the 150cc race legal kit is good for two more HP than the 225cc kit, it possibly includes extensive port work, a cam, more compression, larger carb etc.

especially if limited to 150-155 cc

Maybe that class allows more cc because of being a 2 valve?

The 225cc kit only includes a piston assembly , cylinder assembly and gaskets.

The machinist that I use has built the cylinders that are included with the 225cc bolt on kits for Frank.

the "new" 150 kit is 2hp less than the 225 kit...and through my "extensive" emails from frank he (or the website) show nothing about needing cam or head work, in fact I believe he said the dyno chart was with the engine kit, carb, and outlaw pipe only

2 hours ago, VortecCPI said:

Sorry didn't realize EO was xr100.com even though it does say it at the top of the page.lol  I actually was looking at that kit this week.. It should help big time at 12k ASL so we are very interested in it.

fixing her suspension right now so it's next on the list :)

thank you

• Like 1

The new kit may only be 2 hp less but its the loss of torque and shift in powerband you will feel most. Compare the torque curves to see the difference. I'm guessing it will "feel" much less powerful than the dyno indicates with the difference mostly in low and midrange losses.

literally about to pull the trigger and I have a question or two.. Yes its Saturday so I would hope he is enjoying his family and thats why he did not answer the phone :)

Do you guys think he gives jetting specs with the kit? Stock carb will work? Living as high like I have mentioned before makes jetting such a task. 

The other question is will the Pro Circuit full exhaust work or going back to stock the best route? 

literally about to pull the trigger and I have a question or two.. Yes its Saturday so I would hope he is enjoying his family and thats why he did not answer the phone 
Do you guys think he gives jetting specs with the kit? Stock carb will work? Living as high like I have mentioned before makes jetting such a task. 
The other question is will the Pro Circuit full exhaust work or going back to stock the best route? 

It's the larger diameter of the aftermarket header that make these bikes work better.
  • Like 2

On 7/29/2017 at 4:45 PM, smv ryder said:

literally about to pull the trigger and I have a question or two.. Yes its Saturday so I would hope he is enjoying his family and thats why he did not answer the phone :)

HE DID NOT GIVE ME ANY CARB INFO...I TOLD HIM I WAS INTERESTED IN WHAT WOULD WORK BEST AND WANTED SOME INFO BEFORE I SPENT THE $$ BUT HE DIDNT WANT TO REALLY GIVE UP ANY INFO ON WHAT WOULD BE BEST- HE DID SAY THAT THE 28MM MIKUNI SET UP HE HAS (THAT IS GREAT FOR THE 225 KIT) WORKS WELL...IT MAKES ME KIND OF WONDER ABOUT IT BUT IF HE SAYS IT WILL WORK THEN OK......ALSO HE IS ON VACATION UNTIL THE FIRST SO HE WILL PROLLY RETURN CALL THEN !!

• Like 1

On 7/31/2017 at 9:26 AM, CReffed0421 said:

HE DID NOT GIVE ME ANY CARB INFO...I TOLD HIM I WAS INTERESTED IN WHAT WOULD WORK BEST AND WANTED SOME INFO BEFORE I SPENT THE $$ BUT HE DIDNT WANT TO REALLY GIVE UP ANY INFO ON WHAT WOULD BE BEST- HE DID SAY THAT THE 28MM MIKUNI SET UP HE HAS (THAT IS GREAT FOR THE 225 KIT) WORKS WELL...IT MAKES ME KIND OF WONDER ABOUT IT BUT IF HE SAYS IT WILL WORK THEN OK......ALSO HE IS ON VACATION UNTIL THE FIRST SO HE WILL PROLLY RETURN CALL THEN !!

Thank you very much for the response! I pray after we purchase it he opens up a bit about the jetting. 

Are you wanting to do just the kit and have your machine shop do the cylinder work or doing the full kit?

• Like 1