01 yz250 power valve odd piece?

14 hours ago, P84ONE said:

See number 16 that is broken. It has two keeper tongs on top. 

IMG_6347.JPG

Sure does look like it, I guess I'll turn it up side down again and wash out and hopefully find the other! Only good thing is I need that whole piece anyways. Great eye thanks

Those seem to break alot I've had happen few times.  First couple times I got new peice last time picked the peice out and ran it. Was always th left side I believe.  Another common break on that bike is all lol

I believe it is to "help" prevent the PV to slip all the way into the cylinder. The only other thing that keeps it back are the sides of the slide. If it breaks, I wonder if it because the sides of the PV have worn past the limit, or the PV slams shut??? 

Just a thought, observation, I could be just wrong. 

Edited by P84ONE
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, P84ONE said:

I believe it is to "help" prevent the PV to slip all the way into the cylinder. The only other thing that keeps it back are the sides of the slide. If it breaks, I wonder if it because the sides of the PV have worn past the limit, or the PV slams shut??? 

Just a thought, observation, I could be just wrong. 

Ya must be others vibration maybe a factor.  Was just thinking I wonder if I would've welded back together if would break again hmmmm lol i only have one yz250 now a old 00' never been raced and doesn't get rode much.  Last time I did engine was all there I remember being surprised.  I broke them on my 08-09

• Like 1

I was getting ready to weld that hoop back on til p84one showed me the other piece was from the same part, oh well what's another $10 at this point! Good catch for sure and even after knowing it, it's hard to see where it broke from!